Ostomy inside or outside clothing

Replies
Views
mcaouette0912

Does anyone where there ostomy outside their clothing with a cover or inside your clothing? I wear mine inside my clothing. Just wondering what works for people.

warrior

hi.. noted you joined last year..2023.

and you have a uro.

i have an ilio..so it could be a different situation..

i use a wrap. it holds my bag close. undercover..

at home , i let it hang out..but never in public view.

sometimes going out without a wrap, i let hang with a belt support and a long shirt or jacket which hides it well.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,707 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

kittybou

Inside. I have a darling, precious, puppy who sticks his big, fat, nose in everything

Beachboy

I always wear my colostomy inside my shirt.  

Beth22

I wear mine outside my clothing 

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Ben38

Anyway you like it and feel comfortable & confident with is all that matters.

Inside and outside! my stoma is high up so end of bag is at trouser waistband height so I just wear longer tops I don't flash my bag on purpose but not bothered if anyone does see it and never used bag covers.

infinitycastle52777

I wear mine inside my clothing, but I do not tuck it in my pants. I don't want to squish the bag or make it so output can't go down in the bag. I just make sure that my shirt covers the bag.

Lee

AlexT
Reply to Beth22

How? You cut holes in your shirts so it’s outside? 

AlexT

All depends what I’m doing. Normally, I wear a wrap/belt and then whatever shirt, sweatshirt. If I’m just at home not doing anything, I just wear a shirt over it. If it’s warm enough outside and I’m working on my tan, I don’t wear anything over it. Never tucked into my pants, that’s annoying AF. 

mcaouette0912
Reply to infinitycastle52777

I’m confused. How do you wear inside your clothing but not tucked in pants? Wouldn’t it be outside?

mcaouette0912
Reply to infinitycastle52777

I’m confused. How do you wear inside your clothing but not tucked in pants? Wouldn’t it be outside?

warrior

back in 2016...(freaking web site - 2 hours later....

take one t shirt. cut a hole for the bag to hang out..tuck shirt in. use a second shirt - longer- or light jacket over that. 

i did that back in 2016.  not knowing jack about what was out there then..

today, with a two piece appliance, turning bag sideways, with a wrap, im a warrior.⚡

infinitycastle52777
Reply to mcaouette0912

It's inside my shirt. It's hidden by my tshirt, because i wear long enough shirts to cover the bag.

aTraveler

I wear mine inside my clothing with either a support vest or Nu-Hope support belt. I can't wear mine inside my pants because my stoma is high up. The bottom of the pouch barely reaches my waist when sitting and is above my waist when standing. I have a colostomy and having it supported with either the support vest or support belt (actually a wrap) does not hinder the downward flow. 

Axl

Just hangs inside my clothing.

IGGIE

I wear my shirts outside my Jeans and if I need to tuck my shirt in I use my IGGIE Clip to fold it up and shorten it. No Problem. Regards IGGIE

ron in mich

Hi all inside my pants but outside my tighty whities.

Dyan
Reply to warrior

I wear 2 prs of underwear, one under and one over my pouch!

AlexT
Reply to Dyan

Why?

warrior
Reply to Dyan

@dylan..

kinda keeping the "boys" warm though..ya think??

if u search some osty wear catalogs, they specifically make  one pair underwear with a pouch to hold the bag..

two pairs is a bit excessive.. just saying " choking the chicken"  is not required.  look into the underwear.. one pair.. osty secrets. com?? 

Kimmy050263

I have a colosotomy. I wear mine inside clothing, though can let her hang out if boyfriend is here! LOL    I keep my underwear just below where the flap hangs and the bag is sitting outside. I do not wear any tight pants.  For work is dresses or skirts.  Weekend wear is sweat like slacks or a loose skort or jean skirt.  I make sure that any clothing I wear does not pressure on my bag.  One time, I had put on a skirt for work, got in the car and sat down, I could feel the pressure on my stoma, was very uncomfortable.  I turned the car around, came home and changed.  I make sure I do what is comfortable for me and for Ms Stoma.

Hisbiscus

I prefer inside using a corsinol tytex wrap but lately I'm feeling more comfortable without the leggings I was wearing. Rather wear a dress or sweats.

Swanscoman
Reply to Hisbiscus

Hello very new to this whats a wrap? sounds a useful item, I think I am missing out on a lot of helpful items. I have some pants with inside pockets for the bag but my Stoma is a little high for them to be supportive. Good to hear some advice, cheers Ray

Axl

Think boob tube, often a cheap elastic fabric band that can help to keep things from flapping around, but obviously not to tight.

aTraveler
Reply to Swanscoman

https://www.ostomysecrets.com/collections/mens-wraps