Ilieostomy

Replies
Views
lonelyunicorn64

I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary of having my ilieostomy.  The Dr's gave me a year to live when I came home due to my complications.  I was I final stage renal failure but now go to infusions 3× a week, and still loosing weight, I'm now 99 lbs, I have an upbeat personality and I believe in miracles, just some days I wish I could put this fake smile away and just be honest with something about what I'm going through with someone who understands,  that's all.

infinitycastle52777

Sounds like you have gone through a lot. You don't have to wear a mask around here. Please be yourself. It's ok to have down moments even when you are a positive person. I think it's great that you have beat the odds. Take one day at a time. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,533 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Cplumber

Dam Girl Happy Anniversary! Way to go!! 
I get it it’s a big crowded lonely world out there! But lotsa Good Listeners here!

I will be praying for you!!

Cplumber

ron in mich

Hi Lonely happy stomaversory, i,ve had an ilieo. now for 30 some years, after every surgery i,ve lost some weight and its hard to gain it back especially being an active type person, i like to walk in the woods and also the dog around the neighborhood but that gives me an excuse to snack on goodies.

aTraveler

Lonelyunicorn, you stated you believe in miracles and in your case, to live beyond a year is indeed a miracle. One thing that has been cathartic for me is to share lessons that I have learned from my struggles with others that are dealing with struggles similar to one's I had to overcome. You certainly have overcome much and your knowledge is invaluable. So please share and it will lighten your load.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
myfanwysmagic

Hi lonelyunicorn.

I understand, I hear you, I am.here to listen and to share . Whenever you feel the need please do reach out and I will do my best to help support . You are not alone in this . It will get better . Have patience  and trust that time will pass and things will get easier. 

Regards 

Myfanwy 

w30bob

Hi lonely,

Wow, way to go!  No fake smiles allowed around here............just compassion and understanding about life throwing us all curveballs.  The best parties are the ones with the most people.....so don't be a stranger!  And happy Anniversary!!!

;O)

IGGIE

Welcome Lonely. Smile when your really happy and frown when your not we understand. Regards IGGIE

AllieKIM

I can relate to your unwanted weight loss.  After my ileostomy I was down to 77 lbs.  I’m usually I’m 117.  I was able to gain 25 by eating 4,000 to 4,500 calories a day but the weight melted away due to a thyroid disease. All that work!  I kept a journal of what I ate.  Now  back down to 88 and waiting for my thyroid to die!!!  Good luck to you!

Morning glory
Reply to AllieKIM

Happy  stomaversary,  you have overcome so much. Put away the fake smile. Feel free to share on here. We all have overcome so much and want to help.