Pending Ileostomy Reversal

Replies
Views
krkb01
Sep 18, 2023 2:33 am

Hey all, so long story short, I had LAR on May 2nd, and I am currently 12 days away from my temporary loop ileostomy reversal surgery. I will have had it for just about 5 months. I'm looking forward to returning to a normal-ish life, being NED since my LAR.

Any men in this group, please look up "Man Up To Cancer." It's a Facebook support group for men fighting cancer or survivors of cancer. Once a year, they host a wonderful retreat, which I had the pleasure of attending this year.

I couldn't have gotten through my fight without these people. Literally, 2200+ men (Wolves) fighting with you through every treatment, scan, or scope!

Beachboy
Sep 18, 2023 2:47 am

Hope all goes well. I'm a very long-term stage 4 cancer survivor, over 40 years. Never give up.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,866 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

krkb01
Sep 18, 2023 2:52 am
Reply to Beachboy

Have you connected with this group? Man Up to Cancer: The Howling Place. I think you would like it. Please look into it if you have not already. They helped me through everything!

Mysterious Mose
Sep 18, 2023 5:16 am

I wish you good fortune. I am 22 days from an ileostomy reversal myself. No LAR though. Just no colon. :-)

Daniel

7dragonflies.hm
Sep 24, 2023 10:10 pm

Best of luck and prayers for you! Keep us posted and stay strong, friend.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister