Time and Presence

Replies
Views
Jayne

"TIME"

Henry M's Wisdom has been the inspiration for my Mindful Gratitude for a humble appreciation of  Time.

Please see Henry's post .... Ostomy Memories of Both Births
https://www.meetanostomate.org/discussion-forum/viewtopic.php?t=29353

On March 16th 2023 
Henry M said:

Time, the master of us all, permitted me to heal at my own pace.  That was so long ago, 1964, and here I still am, typing these words, chewing gun like a teenager, and looking forward to stuffed salmon for dinner.

If there’s a lesson here, it is that Time will be your ally, if you allow it to be on your side.  

This is so true - Time is ones Master, but may also be one's ally - if we learn to 'use' time wisely.

I am a realitive Newbie on this site, and am Respectfully  mindful, that HenryM, is clearly a very Dear Soul, Wherever he may be.

I Feel drawn by a unique empathy - as has been expressed by many others, and although never having directly exchanged with HEnryM, find myself enlightened by Henry's Persona.

I send Many Blessings from a Soul who feels that at times that She is  'living a life in Waiting' - despite having had a full and rewarding Journey, aware that Time is a human 

construct, and whilst we have love in our heaarts - for many people and situations, the Soul lives on and may be reached if we allow ourselves to surrender and leave our intellect behind.

There is another element here too - very closely connected with Time - that of  'ALLOWING' - not in the permissive sense for another - but in the sense of Allowing Oneself the space to grow, without preconceptions and with an understanding that expectations can be double edged - in my own humble experience.

When the time is right,  letting go of expectation is part of mindful Gratitude .... and perhaps only comes about gradually, when we 'allow' ourselves the freedom of letting go of fear - so  that happenings may in ultimate Freedom, unfold .... without any kind of manipulation .... and this may take a lifetime.

With Respect, for Time is but a Human concept and the Universe, indeed the Multiverse, would seem to continually reform and evolve and the concept of Infinity starts to be FELT both in Spirit and by our human conditioning - with some help, intellectually, as we broaden our horizons whilst remaing very PRESENT WITH OUR SIMPLE CORE SELVES - HELD WITHIN THE MOMENT.

Although 'Time waiteth for no man' - or woman either, LIVING IN THE PRESENT - FULLY IN THE PRESENT, is in some respects is most difficult to maintain - and certainly, without Personal Doubt - for me - the single most rewarding state one can be blessed to experience.

The Quantum shift - of BEing.

Many a Journey is taken - and many Paths are walked -  when we we find oursleves either planning or reviewing or labouring under some expectation or pre thought or currently revising what we are trying to achieve, and in this partially distracted state of mind we find that our Path becomes stoney, albeit full of sun or dappled shade along the way: Fewer do the Journey - for to journey needs presence - and Presence needs the space as well as the time.

When we are fully engaged but within our focussed ease - we find the flow and go with it to our destination ...... and oft, we may experience amazing FEELING on the way.

This is when Time allows us the presenece of BEING.

We arehumbly blessed when we Journey within the Universal flow.

It would, I FEEL, have been lovely to have the opportunity of interchanging with HenryM.

With Many Kindly thought,

I offer to share a thought close to my heart - as I offer a feather to the wind in freedom of release - I share with you a very special Peacock who regularly visists on a dark winters day - a lone male peacock in its iridescent colour - even without full plumage - it is an enlightening privilage to encounter him and he brightens many a dullness of hope ..... for when we 'Allow' ourselves to open ... and BE ourselves ...

THEN, and only then, we can begin to be living in the moment - in FULL TOUCH WITH OUR IMMEDIATE REALITY ....

The calm at the eye of the storm .... fully present  ....

When we can be truly receiving and giving at the same time.

Waves from the Hills

Jayne

An Ode to Mr Peacock

- a sacred bird for some - a neighbourly daily visitor for me .... who brightens my day in a special, unique, unlooked for but always timely welcome manner .... a truly mindful creature [but with no peahen mate] if ever there was one so special bird - it is Mr Peacock ..... and some may say, somewhat surreal on a westerly Mid Welsh hillside some 800 foot above sea level in late autumn with a carpet of leaf colour, prior to the appearance of mid winter!

But never the less .... he finds his way and is respectfully welcomed - for he is very much his own [person] Bird. 

Sometimes his feathers are wet, a little muddy - but not for long ..... for under the veranda, or upon the wall by the open stable door - he presents, he preens, he IS his own Bird .... and shares his rewards ..... we are grateful for our Neighbours BIRD, FOR HE IS ALLOWED FREEDOM, he comes - in his own time - with his particular presence always precise, intentioned and and seemimngly in freedom without agenda [yes we do share bran and seeds - but not always]  - for we feel honoured by his presence - as are others in his hills .... He comes WHEN and HOW he wants - t h a t is what is so special!

Mr Peacock

This poem sent with colours equal
Has year on year its treasured sequel
No feathers lost in Season's Fall
Will e'rr diminish my recall
Of all the beauteous shades of blue
At dawn and dusk arrive with you.

No matter how dark becomes the day
Your luminosity inspires the Way
I know there's hope and love to share
You touch, revive, my long-lost care
For all the colours you reflect and send
Live within my heart to never end.

For when alone, and you are gone
Your searching presence lingers on
You are alone,  without a mate
You carry beauty, pride, in Peacock-state
Never falter: Never fall
Present, display your feathers tall.

There is no end
That fate can send
The veil is thin
And you're within
To live and BE
In perpetuity.

Bill

Thank you Jayne for sharing your wonderful words, which brought meaning to my morning.
I'll not spoil what is a work of genius by adding a verse of my own on this occasion.
Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,663 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

IGGIE

Not another one. 

bowsprit

As usual, I have to go over your posts a few times to really fathom the true meaning of the words contained therein. What a lovely story about the peacock and an equally stunning poem on it. Very popular birds in this part of the world and revered as well in India. What a beautiful sight it is when preening and showing off its brilliant colours to the peahen. Unlike the human world the male of the species is much more beautiful than the female, that goes for the black partridge as well and the various pheasants found all over the world. All such beautiful birds, and I forgot the cockatoos of South America. Your advice on living in the moment and being in touch with the immediate reality is carefully noted down. Best wishes.

Jayne
Reply to IGGIE

Whoops,

Iggie,

The Bird is simply - Special.

He is beatuful and stately -

Like no other.

Best Wishes

Jayne.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister