Surgery moved and changed

Replies
Views
JustMeRLB

Hi all! 
so I was able to get my surgery moved to another facility and surgeon. This surgeon is taking a more conservative approach and doing a colectomy first on November 27. I will then have the rectum/anus/Barbie bum surgery in June. His reasons make sense. He wants me to heal, get off prednisone, move toward my normal weight, and get healthier minus a diseased colon before he does the other part. He said there are risks of hernias and prolapsing organs with it all at once. It may also have to do with my being on steroids for such a long time recently and slow healing time. I’m nervous. I know I will have a ton of questions! I get my stoma marking on Black Friday! Already had pre-op labs and have phone appt with anesthesia on Tuesday. 7.5 days to go! 
I really have a love-hate relationship with my colon… sorry to see it go, but I am done with it. 
Prayers appreciated. 
R

Morning glory

Prayers  for a speedy  recovery. You are going to do great. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

CrappyColon

Hey RLB, I had healing time with a loop ileostomy in between surgeries and from women who had the same surgery as me but not given the healing time, my short and long term recovery has fared better (other than the ileus after the 2nd surgery). I’m glad you’re at peace with how your new surgeon explained things and how he/she is splitting up the surgeries. 

ron in mich

Hi RLB wishing good luck with surgery and a speedy recovery.

Daisy2023

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you feel better soon…. Positivity your way

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Mysterious Mose

I hope all goes well and you have a speedy journey to recovery and feeling better. When it comes to surgeons, conservative is not a pejorative in my lexicon! :-))

Daniel

IGGIE

Good luck and take it all one step at a time. Keep us up to date. Regards IGGIE

JustMeRLB

Thank you everyone 🥰