Finding Holes in Coloplast Bags

Replies
Views
Beth22
Dec 17, 2023 1:29 am

Hey, for Coloplast users, are you guys finding holes and pinholes in your bags? The past 6 months, I noticed they changed their plastic (gotten thinner), and literally every order I have gotten has either big holes or pinholes all over the bag. I call Coloplast, they replace them, and I send the others back, but even the replacements will have holes. Anyone else having the same issues?

AlexT
Dec 17, 2023 2:58 am

I'd be changing brands till resolved

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,889 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 am

Two things you never, ever want to hear they have pinholes in:

Stoma bags. 👎

Condoms. 👎

kittybou
Dec 17, 2023 4:03 am

Nope, but 2 like that from Hollister. Ruined 2 dresses 🙀😿

IGGIE
Dec 17, 2023 12:43 pm

If they know they have a problem, then get them to pay for the two dresses, Kitty. Beth, change products, get samples of a few, and see which is best. I have Hollister, but I have never had a hole in them. Regards, Iggie.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Beth22
Dec 17, 2023 1:32 pm
Reply to AlexT

Alex, I would if I could. I am allergic to every other brand, and I've been trying again the past couple of months since this issue has started. I can't use tape borders, which 90 percent of them have, and then the wafers I am allergic to, and the dermadhesive doesn't stay on my skin at all. So I'm pretty much sunk.

Beth22
Dec 17, 2023 1:34 pm
Reply to IGGIE

Wish I could, unfortunately, I am super highly allergic to Hollister and allergic to every other brand as well. Then again, of course, I would be the complex and complicated one lol 😆

Beth22
Dec 17, 2023 1:34 pm
Reply to warrior

Isn't that the truth 🤣

M32023
Jan 02, 2024 2:38 am

I haven't. I'm guessing a bad batch, QC, or something. Maybe try getting from a different supplier? Which one do you use? I use the Sensura Mio 1 piece opaque.

Beth22
Jan 02, 2024 6:00 am
Reply to M32023

That's what I thought the first time it happened. A replacement got sent straight from Coloplast and the replacement box had the same issue, and a new reply got sent for the replacement and still happened and another replacement and again and it's been happening for 6 months. I'm using the Sensura Mio 1 piece transparent.

Daisy2023
Feb 02, 2024 10:54 am

This has been driving me crazy. The same thing happened to me with the last box I had. Three out of ten were bad. I didn't notice until after I had them on, though, but I was lucky and I noticed after a few drops. Talk about unfair. I went through and there was another one like that, a clean slit down the side of the bag. I use the same kind. This really sucks. I like this product. 

I would have preferred if I was alone on this one because it must mean there is a larger issue since we are in different countries and having the same issue. I thought maybe it was an isolated one. 

Beth22
Feb 02, 2024 3:13 pm
Reply to Daisy2023

Right... it has been so irritating and stressful. It keeps happening too, this last month supply an entire box holes. We shouldn't have to worry about that. Did you call Coloplast and have them resend you bags? Call and tell them, maybe they will take it more seriously and realize someone somewhere isn't doing something right.