Surgery iminent

Replies
Views
victoriaelsbeth1990

Hei Those that I have spoken to before and others. I have a date, if all goes well its on Thursday 4th of January. I am terrified, been today to Hereford through many floods and diversions, to have my stomach marked. a little higher than I really wanted due to a lot of weight gain, a result of having been on a low residue diet for 9 months :( I did get upset I had tried so hard. Feeling tired and scared! Oh by the Way Happy New Year to you all x

Morning glory

Have fun. Glad you are getting  out there. Happy New Year.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

eefyjig

You put in your best effort and that's really all we can ever do. Best of luck to you on Thursday, Victoria. You've got this!

Jayne

VictoriaElsberth,

YEs - a lot of water across Mid Wales, Herefordshire, Shropshire, - I'm 20 miles or so from Llandod and travel using all the small cross lanes throughout the counties - SO ........

ALLOW TIME FOR THE JOURNEY.

Now, as for your Journey and preparation for your Thursday Surgery - You are in my thoughts and I am rooting for you.

When we perceive we are alone - then yes, 'scared' comes into play.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Very recently, a Member of this Site, by mention of 'Krishnamurti',  caused  me to revist some of his discourses on the essence of living and understanding life over this Christmas / New Year period - and one of his videos in which he discusses the means to be attentive to actually allow one to live feel see the reality of what IS.

One particular discourse was most imformative as to how we can get to the root of fear and thus not be afraid. 

It is Profund - as are [were] his abilities to impart his understandings to aid our own insight into how we experience life.

Humbly, I night suggest this particular vid may be pertinent for your upcoming Thursday - [or one of his other elements of focus - may be more pertinent to your own situation at this time - as I believe you have returned to your UK Home following the death of your HUsband and thuis your life if I rememeber correctly in one of the Nordic countries?

Anyhow, I may not be appropropriate in the particular choice of discussion - but just maybe this one might be good :-

It is a read that actually asks for ones full attention / engagement with him [vid on UTube] so it is not a surface or a read merely for distraction - BUT Victoria, if you are genuinely feeling scared and are attending for surgery alone - then do please set aside a space to visit the link - Irrespective of ones personal beliefs or personal circumstances - you may find this link of help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50eS3GZS6lk&list=PL1n30s-LKus7XDJA0eXbd5n3f9qDcQOWP&index=6

AS a relatively close neighbour of yours - geographically, do please know that I can genuinely be 'with you ' - energegitically , and WISH YOU THE VERY BEST Passage through the Happening - from leaving home, the journey to Hospital - the process of being in waiting and taken through to anestethtic and thus placing your trust in your team as you know you give your self over to events which will prgress and help you forward - TRUST WITH GOOD INTENTION and this act of BEING PRESENT - not concerning with the future - or what has led you to the point of being in that theatrre situation - YOU CAN ONLY BE IN THE PRESENT- AND ONCE YOU TRULY 'let that unfold' ...... the notion of fear which is our concern can be left aside ...... Have a look and be present when viewing the video and I feel this may help.

Victoria, I am not being academic here or religious or any of that - I am just offering you the opportunity of zeroing in to your fear - and such converstions are probably deflections and are merely externalising a concern .....

So with the very best wishes,

I send a Hug from the Hills

a virtual hug

and on a feather .......

to You Victoria

For THursday

xx

Jayne

Morning glory

Sorry Victoria. I misread about the date. Good luck on your upcoming surgery. 

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Kas

Good Luck with your surgery & recovery!

You've got this!

Jayne

Victoria

Thinking of you right now

Best thoughts for the NOW

Thursday Hugs

[]  []  []

Jayne

IGGIE

Let us know the outcome. Regards IGGIE

Jayne

Hello Victoria

24 hours on ....

I guess you may be just coming into equilibrium now - probably still have your pain meds holding balance ..... whilst you feel your way just now ...

So Best Thoughts for the Weekend ..... Will be thinking of you Mon / Tues as Day three and four can be challenging so we are all rooting for you.

As Iggy says - when you feel able - let us know how you are doing .... we are ALL Here for You.

Waves from 800 foot up the hills in MIddle Wales!

Jayne

Jayne

Hello Victoria

Wondering how you are doing - twenty days on - GUess you have been through the really tough part when the anaesthia was nolonger offering any protection pain wise .... often IMHExperience days 4-8 tend to be the worst .... and just maybe you are now now levelling out a little - Are you home yet?

Bets Wishes from the Hills - not far from LLandod .....

Hope you are home and finding some comfort in your own bed ..... its always good to clear from the hospital bed I have found.

Please let us all know how you are doing - and look into site from time to time.

Best Wishes

Jayne.