“Dave’s Hot Chicken” with an ileostomy.

Replies
Views
JVM261

Has anyone ever tried “Dave’s Hot Chicken” with an Ileostomy? I had my procedure done in September, and a new franchise opened near me around the time of September. I’ve never had it before and I don’t have any Crohn’s or anything like that, I had the bacterial infection. I’m wondering if I should try it before or after my reversal which is probably going to come in the next few months. Or should I not try it at all? I know everybody says just try it in small bits. I had a little bit of red onion in some guacamole soon after my surgery and I thought I was gonna die from the pain upon output, so I don’t wanna go through that again, but I really want to try this chicken because I never have and it’s on the television and I shouldn’t be influenced by commercials, but I am. LOL.

Morning glory

If it were me I  would try. What are you afraid of. The spice is my guess. I eat spicy food without it hurting my ileostomy.   Let us know the results.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,528 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

JVM261
Reply to Morning glory

Yes, the spice. I’ve had no spicy food since the ileostomy and on occasion when I’ve had some thing by mistake, mostly onions, it burns, but I try to avoid spices in general because that’s what I was taught and I was taught that even after the reversal that we should stay away from spices. Maybe I’ll go with somebody and take a bite and if that’s all I can handle I’ll just give them the rest. 😁 

Morning glory
Reply to JVM261

Good idea

AlexT

Eat it.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Rose Bud 🌹
Reply to JVM261

That's exactly what I would do try it out before you dive in...Some things I can eat and others have a slight burn to them. Since you haven't had yours long I would be slowly get into new things to give it time to adjust .Plus everyones system will react differently!!!

Past Member

if you don’t have GI disease like Crohns/Colitis that would have prevented you from eating it before ostomy, you are probably safe to have it. the ostomy itself isn’t going to prevent you from digesting food. 😉

Mysterious Mose

I eat spicy stuff all the time. Frankly, I cannot live without my chili in the winter and I am somewhat generous with the habanero and sambal badjak. 🌶 🔥

Daniel