Cavilon Spray: A Life-Changing Solution for Skin Protection

Replies
Views
hometown

Well folks, I posted awhile ago about anyone having used Cavilon, and I did get some folks saying they did and yes, they liked it. I have to tell you, for 4 years, I suffered with pain that at times made me want to end it all from the burning of stool on my raw skin. I had seen four or maybe 5 doctors and the ET nurse in these years, and nobody even said anything about Cavilon spray to help. I used to sit and think, what can I use to protect the skin, and would always think something like a thin skin around the area would be good. Well, one night sitting here in pain, I came across this product Cavilon, and thought, oh boy, it's just what I need. I quickly got the spray and now, after a month of using it, I couldn't be without it. This product lasts on your skin for 72 hours and if stool leaks on your skin, it protects it. I read about how many people suffer with skin problems and since I found this product, I have no more skin issues. God Bless Cavilon. Hope you all find this information helpful. Hometown Joyce.

tjd75

Cavilon wipes/spray are good. I also find L.B.F wipes and spray very good.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,479 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
Good to hear this feedback - what is LBF?

Thank you!
beatrice

I love Caviillon too -- what a difference it has made to my skin (ileum).

Feff

Thank you for the info, recently had takedown surgery and have had a problem with burning so I've just this minute ordered some from Amazon.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
tjd75

LBF wipes and spray are the same as Cavillon, I just find that they are better. Ask your stoma nurse or where you get your supplies from for a sample.

Cornet

Wanted to ask where I can get Cavillon in the UK, and have just spotted the post saying it can be bought from Amazon.

tjd75

You can get them free from your stoma nurse or doctor.

stomafart
Dear Cornet,
Don't buy Cavillon on Amazon. It is free when you put your orders in for bags, wipes, etc. Ask for Cavillon sticks and the spray.
If you are having problems with the skin, ask for aloe vera powder. Put it on the sore skin and just dust the excess off with a tissue, and then spray with the Cavillon. With the sticks, you wipe the whole area where the bag goes, let it go tacky, then attach the bag. Voila, instant skin care and extra hold for the bag. Just to finish off, put 2 strips of extensions on the bag, top and bottom, and I guarantee you will not have a leak at all. They are brilliant and free when you put your order in.
If anyone wants to know anymore about the extension product, please let me know. I have NEVER had a leak or the bag pancake since I have used them.
Stomafart
smith311

Joyce, boy I wish I had known about this when I went through my battle with UC back in 2008. It might have helped a lot. I know just what you mean about the pain. I may still look into it for the skin around my ileo. Thanks.

Smith

Cornet

Thanks Stomafart, I see you are in the UK as am I, but in my three years of living with a stoma I've never heard of Cavilon from any of the UK providers, but I will now start asking if the one I've bought on Amazon works. As an experienced user, can you advise any problem of the spray getting on the stoma itself, because my problems are only on the few millimeters of skin adjacent to the stoma.

iMacG5
Hi Cornet.  I'm a little late in replying but here goes.  

1 - The spray or the wipes will not hurt the stoma.

2 - That "few millimeters" adjacent to the stoma must be protected and the Cavilon stuff will do that.

3 - A study by 3M indicates their product, Cavilon, is superior to the others.  Maybe that's just their opinion but it's difficult to argue.

4 - I can't imagine living without it.

Mike

You can see the test results at the following site:

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=66666UF6EVsSyXTtMxTEm8T6EVtQEVs6EVs6EVs6E666666--&fn=Study_of_the_Skin_Protec.pdf
stomafart
Dear Cornet,
I have had no problems with the spray on the stoma and I also cannot imagine living with it.

Regards
Stomafart (Jenny)
betrdanevr

Talk about being late to the game! "That be me."

I'll bet you've found something by now, but I just wanted to say that I just looked in my bag of tricks and I have Coloplast Brava Skin Barrier Spray and DermaRite Sting Free skin prep and protectant. What you're looking for is a product with no alcohol... I think any will do the trick.

And I've found about every ostomy supplier carries powder, so you just apply the spray, add some powder, spray again, maybe add more powder, and then let the whole thing dry, and you should be good to go. I had horrible trouble the first month I had my ostomy. I didn't want to leave the house. That, plus I couldn't keep the damned bag on. (Yeah, I have one of those ugly ones where you have a bump in your stomach that sticks out before you get to the stoma.)

That's probably too much information, and I digress...

Terri