Shower soaps

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus

I have found certain soaps and or shampoos conditioners can loosen pouches during a shower. 

I'm experimenting with different products.  Right now I'm using ivory bar soap for my body in which I detest the smell of but it's working. Vanicream shampoo. Stopped using conditioner although i have some it's a 10 lite leave in on hand if needed. Dial white or ivory for the stoma at changing time.

What soaps do you all use for the body, your hair and stoma.which conditioner if any?

kittybou

You will laugh, but it works for me.

Suave  kids 3 in 1 watermelon wonder. Shampoo, conditioner, 

and body wash. Smells great!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,520 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hisbiscus
Reply to kittybou

Haha that's awesome! You use it all over?

kittybou
Reply to Hisbiscus

Yes, ma'am, on Rocket too. He rolled in something smelly, then he smelled watermelon wonderful! 😹

Hisbiscus
Reply to kittybou

Haha that's great!!! I see your from Missouri. I was born and raised in St. Louis. 

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Kas

The white Dove bar soap.

i use Moroccan Oil shampoo & conditioner but wash my hair separately in the sink so it won’t affect the bag

Hisbiscus
Reply to Kas

I used dove sensitive for years. They changed the formula and things got sticky. Good idea washing your hair seperate. I bet that gives you many options for shampoos to use. 

xnine

I use Tresemme for hair, body and stoma. I use a little shower curtain to keep the direct spray off flange. When travelling I just use what the hotel provides.

Jayne
Reply to xnine

I use tresomme products and salts bags - no divert of shower spray - all OK generally.

BW

from UK

Littlefish

somewhat new to this and already made the mistake of shaving around my stoma with edge shaving cream and razor, couldn't hold seal for a week.  Are there soaps that I should definitely stay away from?

Hisbiscus
Reply to Littlefish

Stay clear of moisturizing soap. Dial white is a good one for around stoma I've found 

ron in mich

Hi all i use V05 shampoo and conditioner and irish spring soap, but only use warm water and soft cloth around my stoma then patted dry with tp.

IGGIE

G-Day Everyone, I use a soap called Wrights Coal Tar Soap. It's perfect for your skin and excellent for people with eczema. Regards IGGIE

AlexT

When I shower with no bag on, I use liquid Dial body soap and a poof thingy. Rinse and then use Head/Shoulders basic on my stoma skin. Rinse well, dry, put the new stuff on. When I’m just showering with a bag on, I use Suave sexy man smell soap or my new one is Coco Colada by Tree Hut, it gives me a hot island beach smell mixed with she butter aroma. 🤭 Whatever soap I use on my body I use on my hair too….I’m a guy, duh. 😁

Jayne
Reply to AlexT

Like! ;-)))

And I'm a [ reluctant senior] senior Lady ...... [NOt a GUy lol]

PS Like the authoreeze [or marketing guys descriptor] of the perfume though duh hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-))

Hisbiscus
Reply to AlexT

Sounds like a good routine for you. I tried head and shoulders on my stoma but they have changed the formula and added so much fragrance I could not handle it.

Hisbiscus
Reply to ron in mich

I've often thought about Irish spring becauseci love the smell. I may buy myself a bar just to see if it works out for me. I'm a lady who likes change ith products and I'm feeling stuck not being able to have options. 

Hisbiscus
Reply to IGGIE

Coal Tar soap sounds interesting because I too have exzema. 

IGGIE

G-Day Hisbiscus,  I have used Wrights Coal Tar Soap for many years. I used to have eczema in the fingers for many years and after using this soap it stopped and I have been free of it for a long time. I use it every day in the shower, give it a go. Regards IGGIE

anyark

Use soaps with no additives -no fragrances, no colors or anything.  Ivory is good.  I use natural brands and never have a problem.  Should you shower nude and use one of the others, make sure you wash it off very well and dry it well.

Hisbiscus
Reply to anyark

Actually I'm using ivory on my body now and dial white around stoma but the smell of this ivory is killing me. They changed it and it stinks now.

tonybrown777

Shower soap etc  I get one of the black bags and use office tape to waterproof it on site works reasonably well with pouch still in place and keeps adhesive dry

rlevineia

Saw a UTube video of the Director of Stealth Belt & he uses Cetaphil extra gentle daily scrub,  Feels good on my "Little buddy" & peristomal skin.  Removes all bits of glue well.

rlevineia
Reply to tonybrown777

I invented my own shower barrier.  No moisture on pouch, no loose tapes.  Silicone waterproof tape & 4 mil plastic.  Grainger makes the tape & it lasts a few showers, NO leaks.  I tape some dessicant packets on top of pouch.  Keeps it bone dry.

Superme

Hi I use Dove, Lever or Irish Spring. Conditioners are not a problem either. I guess it depends for others but perhaps changing your brand may be the answer. I have an ileostomy and use Convatec and Hollister with no problems.

Hisbiscus
Reply to rlevineia

That is a great idea. 

SCBagLady

I use Ivory .. It works just fine..

Hisbiscus
Reply to SCBagLady

I have been recently also but the new smell it has is driving me crazy. It smells so bad. My husband calls it the BO soap. It's the only one that works with my skin at the moment though. Hoping to find another soon.