Tomorrow's Reversal Surgery: Nervous and Seeking Support

Replies
Views
7dragonflies.hm

Hey friends,

I hope everyone is having a happy day. Tomorrow I'm scheduled to have my reversal. I'm about to leave for the hotel with my mom to stay the night before surgery. I'm as nervous as can be. I've started the antibiotics for today and have to do some prep later. Please keep me in your prayers. Hugs and love to you all.

Heather

Morning glory

I am praying for you, Heather. You will be fine. Please keep us posted on your new journey.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,487 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Newhere

Heather, hope all goes well. I am 11 weeks post-reversal now and I am happy.

Take care, best wishes, Bill.

Beachboy

Life sure is a journey with twists and turns. Wishing you Godspeed and complete healing. Be well.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Wishing you a successful operation and a speedy recovery 👍

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
14jax71

Wishing the best for you.

7dragonflies.hm

Thank you all so very much. Y'all are some of the best people I know without knowing. 🤗

IGGIE
Reply to 7dragonflies.hm

Good luck and it will all go okay. Will be thinking of you. Keep us up to date when it's all over. Regards, Iggy x

ron in mich

Good luck with surgery and a speedy recovery.

DexieB

Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery! You got this!

AlexT

Good luck.

Mysterious Mose

Best of luck, Heather. I hope all goes well. Please keep us apprised, and I hope you will stick around post-connection.

Daniel

7dragonflies.hm

Hey y'all. Well, I'm in the hospital recovering. Feeling really woozy as expected. And this IV pain med is making me super itchy, so I'm getting Benadryl that's making me groggy too. My surgeon ended up giving me the temporary ileostomy because of the inflammation that was still in there. Not what I was hoping for, but it was discussed as a possibility beforehand. He used the same site as the colostomy, so I guess not much change, except for the output consistency and frequency.

Oh, and I'm definitely going to be sticking around here, with or without the bag. 😉

Morning glory

Thanks for the update, Heather.

Mysterious Mose

I am glad to hear you are doing okay. Was the surgeon able to make the necessary connection successfully? I can understand the disappointment. But, if the ileo is truly temporary and the connection safely made, you are that much closer to your goal. Keep a smile on your face. :-)

Daniel

Beachboy

Hey Heather! Glad to hear the surgery went well and you're recovering. Inflammation sure causes trouble. Hope you can get rid of the temporary ileo soon.

IGGIE

Good day, Heather. Great news that it all went well. Keep us up to date, and we are all thinking of you. Regards, Iggy

DexieB
Reply to 7dragonflies.hm

So happy to hear it went well! How long will you be in the hospital? I met with my surgeon yesterday and he said I've made such a complete turnaround for the better that he will do my surgery sooner than a year! I will meet with him in January to go over details and get on the schedule... so probably February because they are booked a month out! I will have to ask him about the temporary ileostomy - can it be avoided if a person waits longer? Aren't there tests done beforehand to see if there is still inflammation? Don't feel you have to respond immediately - just get better! Sending positive vibes your way!

14jax71

Happy to hear it went well. I hope everything continues to go well for you.

7dragonflies.hm

Hey friends, just a quick blurb here. I'm still in pain, but I'm coming along. The surgeon was able to successfully reconnect my colon to the rectum. I guess I left that part out in my previous update, so progress in that regard, which I'm immensely grateful for. He seems fairly confident the ileo is temporary, so I guess we'll see. My twin and her family are in town from Alaska visiting during this time, and it's nothing short of fantastic. I needed her. I told her about you all, and she feels the same way I do about you guys and said she's so thankful for you all. I've also rented a house, so I'm super excited about that. I'm on my own, people! Lol

A lot is going on, and I'm exhausted, but in a good way. I hope you're all doing great; I think about you guys often. Hugs.

Newhere

Heather, I am happy for you, glad all is well. Rest up and take care,

Bill

Beachboy

Great news, Heather. Good to hear you're recovering. Soon you'll be moving into your new home.

Dan

Mysterious Mose
Reply to 7dragonflies.hm

Glad you are doing well and keeping on the positive side of everything, Heather. If the connection was successful, that would seem to bode very well for the ileostomy being temporary. For the time being, welcome to my world. Let's hope your stay is very, very short! :-)

Daniel

14jax71

That's good news. I'm glad you are doing well.

7dragonflies.hm

Thank you, guys. Thanks for your genuine support and care; I can feel it.

-Dan-

Hope all went well and wish you the best recovery 🤗