Tasty Nut-Free Protein Bars Recommendations?

Replies
Views
infinitycastle52777
Mar 04, 2024 10:30 pm

Does anyone know of a protein bar that doesn't taste like sh-t? Also, doesn't have nuts in it?

Lee

Rose Bud 🌹
Mar 05, 2024 1:36 am

I sent you a message with more details from my dietitian and experience. Hope it helps ☺️

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,886 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT
Mar 05, 2024 7:15 am

Premier Protein is the best tasting I've had.

IGGIE
Mar 05, 2024 2:25 pm

You get all the protein from your food. Why do you need junk food? Iggie

infinitycastle52777
Mar 05, 2024 2:56 pm
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Thanks for your advice. I will look into what you suggested.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
infinitycastle52777
Mar 05, 2024 2:57 pm
Reply to AlexT

Those are just drinks, right? I am looking for a bar.

DexieB
Mar 05, 2024 4:07 pm
Reply to AlexT

I love their shakes. I will have to try the bars!

infinitycastle52777
Mar 05, 2024 7:54 pm
Reply to IGGIE

My last blood test showed a low protein level, and also I am recovering from surgery. The nurse said to bulk up my protein, and like I am going to argue with a nurse?

infinitycastle52777
Mar 05, 2024 7:57 pm
Reply to IGGIE

Also, my dietitian told me to drink Boost High Protein and even gave me samples of it. I don't get as much protein as most people because I don't eat red meat or hardly any meat on a daily basis, and I have trouble digesting veggies, so I am stuck unless I supplement.

AlexT
Mar 05, 2024 10:20 pm
Reply to infinitycastle52777

The bars are Pure Protein, the drinks are Premier Protein… my bad.

infinitycastle52777
Mar 06, 2024 1:35 am
Reply to AlexT

Thanks for clarifying. I did order a box of the birthday cake flavored bars off Amazon. So I will give it a try and see what I think. It's only a 6 pack, so if I don't like them, then it isn't a lot of money or waste. Thanks for the recommendation.

IGGIE
Mar 06, 2024 8:14 am

G-Day Infinity, you need to start eating meat. You're not a vegan, are you? Regards, IGGIE

infinitycastle52777
Mar 06, 2024 1:40 pm
Reply to IGGIE

No, I'm not a vegan, but I just am not a fan of hunks of meat. I do eat chicken maybe twice a week. I like fajitas, chicken, and cheese in a tortilla. I ate a piece of turkey meatloaf this past week. It didn't kill me, but I wouldn't eat it often.

AlexT
Mar 06, 2024 3:38 pm

I wouldn't eat turkey meatloaf very often either, if ever. 🤮 I love turkey the normal ways, but it's just not right to make it into a loaf, burger, etc.

infinitycastle52777
Mar 06, 2024 9:31 pm
Reply to AlexT

LOL, you are very funny. I would eat a turkey burger once in a while. Jennie-O makes a good seasoned frozen one. I wouldn't eat a ground beef burger, though, or beef meatloaf. I guess maybe I am picky?

imsafanwa
Mar 06, 2024 10:08 pm

The cancer center used to give me Ensure high-protein drinks whenever I asked, and they really made a difference. Super important to keep the nourishment going.

It's chicken fried rice way too often in my world. I'm a terrible cook, and it comes out fine. Usually. Sometimes.

infinitycastle52777
Mar 07, 2024 1:48 am
Reply to imsafanwa

I haven't had fried rice in a long time. That sounds good. I used to get veggie fried rice from a local place here in town. Gosh... it has been a very long time. Now you are making me want some. But having just had my gallbladder out, I am sure the dietitian would frown on me having anything fried.

AllieKIM
Mar 11, 2024 4:59 am

Macro bars. Yummy and was suggested by my dietitian.

rlevineia
Mar 13, 2024 6:35 pm

I like Zone Fudge Graham bars. No nuts. 14 g of protein. Handy on my long hikes.

rlevineia
Mar 13, 2024 6:37 pm

Woke up from my 2nd surgery. Dr. Cima (Mayo) smiled at me & said: Eat lots of peanut butter, LOTS! Keeps well on my hikes.