Protein Bars

Replies
Views
infinitycastle52777

Does anyone know of a protein bar that doesn't taste like sh-t? Also doesn't have nuts in it?

Lee

Rose Bud 🌹

I sent you a message with more details from my dietician and experience. Hope it helps ☺️

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,522 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

Premier protein are the best tasting I’ve had. 

IGGIE

You get all the protean from your food why do you need junk food. IGGIE

infinitycastle52777
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Thanks for your advice. I will look into what you suggested.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
infinitycastle52777
Reply to AlexT

Those are just drinks, right? I am looking for a bar.

DexieB
Reply to AlexT

I love their shakes, I will have to try the bars!  

infinitycastle52777
Reply to IGGIE

My last blood test showed a low protein level and also i am recovering from surgery and the nurse said to bulk up my protein and like i am going to argue with a nurse??

infinitycastle52777
Reply to IGGIE

also my dietitian told me to drink boost high protein and even gave me samples of it. i dont get as much protein as most people because i dont eat red meat or hardly any meat on a daily basis and i have trouble digesting veggies so i am stuck unless i supplement 

AlexT
Reply to infinitycastle52777

The bars are Pure Protein, the drinks are Premier Protein… my bad. 

infinitycastle52777
Reply to AlexT

Thanks for clarifying. I did order a box of the birthday cake flavored bars off amazon. So I will give it a try and see what i think. Its only a 6 pack so if i dont like them then it isnt a lot of money or waste. thanks for the recommendation.

IGGIE

G-Day Infinity,  You need to start eating Meat, your not a Vegan are you??? Regards IGGIE

infinitycastle52777
Reply to IGGIE

No, im not a vegan, but I just am not a fan of hunks of meat. i do eat chicken maybe twice a week. i like fajitas chicken and cheese in a tortilla. I ate a piece of turkey meatloaf this past week. It didn't kill me but i wouldn't eat it often. 

AlexT

I wouldn’t eat turkey meatloaf very often either, if ever. 🤮 I love turkey the normal ways but it’s just not right to make it into a loaf, burger, etc. 

infinitycastle52777
Reply to AlexT

LoL You are very funny. I would eat a turkey burger once in a while. Jenny-O makes a good seasoned frozen one. I wouldn't eat a ground beef burger though, or beef meatloaf. I guess maybe I am picky???

imsafanwa

The cancer center used to give me Ensure high protein drinks whenever I asked, and they really made a difference. Super important to keep the nourishment going.

It's chicken fried rice WAY too often in my world. I'm a terrible cook and it comes out fine. Usually. Sometimes.

infinitycastle52777
Reply to imsafanwa

I havent had fried rice in a long time. That sounds good. I used to get veggie fried rice from a local place here in town. gosh... it has been a very long time. now you are making me want some. but having just had my gallbladder out i am sure the dietitian would frown on me having anything fried.

AllieKIM

Macro Bars. Yummy and was suggested by my dietitian.

rlevineia

I like Zone Fudge Graham bars.  No nuts. 14 gr of Protein.  Handy on my long hikes.

rlevineia

Woke up from my 2nd surgery.  Dr Cima(Mayo) smiled at me & said:  Eat lots of Peanut Buuter, LOTS!  Keeps well on my hikes.