xnine

Hydration

Natural Homemade Sports Drink Recipe without artificial flavors or ingredients

Prep time: 5 mins

Total time: 5 min

Serves: one

Author: Wellness Mama

Ingredients:

1 quart of liquid (options: green tea, herbal tea, coconut water, plain water, etc.)
1/8-1/4 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt (regular table salt will work, but does not have all the trace minerals)
1/4-1/2 tsp Crushed Calcium Magnesium tablets or powder (optional)
1/4 cup or more of juice (optional: grape, apple, lemon, lime, pineapple, etc.)
1-2 tbsp sweetener (optional: can use honey, stevia, etc. I suggest brewing stevia leaf into the base liquid for the most natural option.)

Instructions:

1 Brew tea if using or slightly warm base liquid
2 Add sea salt and calcium magnesium (if using)
3 Add juice and mix or shake well
4 Cool and store in fridge until ready to use

Notes:

(As an example, my normal recipe includes 1 quart of tea (brewed Red Raspberry Leaf, Alfalfa, Nettle and Stevia) ¼ tsp sea salt. ¼ tsp calcium magnesium powder (about 1000 mg), and ¼ cup grape or apple juice).

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello xnine.

Thanks for the recipe here is another one, which I use on a daily basis:

Natural Homemade Drink Recipe without artificial flavours or ingredients

Plain water from tap -(without flavours or ingredients)

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Tickpol

So, do you have any metrics on how much less you needed to drink to stay hydrated?

For instance, if you used to take in 5 liters a day before, how much fluid are you taking in now?

Did you find your output thicker and/or did you have to empty your pouch less frequently?

Dave

xnine

I got the recipe at an Ostomy meeting but have not tried it. It is more for ileostomy. I have a colostomy. If you are a runner, it works better than water.

Teddiee

Hmmm... if you are really hydrated, plain water is just not enough to replete essential electrolytes and salts. Hydration sachets can be bought from most pharmacies... just rip open and pour into a glass of water. Not brilliant tasting, but they do the trick. Do try ZERO tablets... they hydrate you without adding sugar!! Just pop a tablet in a glass of water and it dissolves. Zero was originally formulated for those partaking in high energy sports (long distance or speed cycling). Zero works a treat... brilliant for diabetics!! Zero calories... several flavors are available.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister