Pumpkin Ostomate - A Unique and Funny Halloween Surprise!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
britathrt60

Hi everyone

Now that Halloween is upon us, all the ghoulish posts are showing up on Facebook

My niece from the Carolinas, who I haven't seen for years, shared someone's post

Of a beautiful big orange pumpkin with a colostomy bag attached to its side, which is half full of pumpkin seeds

When I first saw it, I thought, "Hmmmmm, not very funny!" but after looking at it again, it made me laugh

I'm sure my niece has forgotten that I have one....she is a nurse, so she is probably very aware of ostomies, and she is a lovely person

Who I know wouldn't want to hurt mine or anyone's feelings....I put a LOL and laughing face on it and wrote a comment which says

"OUCH, if that was how my ostomy worked, I would be in hospital with a blockage" LOL

I knew she and all her friends and other members of my family who might not even know I have an ostomy would see it

Someone must have really put some thought into that, and I have never seen an ostomy joke before, so I think it is quite unique

How do you feel about it? What are some of your thoughts?

I really needed to share this with you and hope it puts a smile on your face...

Cheers!

Ange

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,092 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mark1070

Ange,

I saw a similar post and couldn't help feeling that the pouch could have gone to someone who needs supplies. Seems kind of a waste.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
xnine

Yes, I have seen that. Lots of pumpkin pics and jokes floating around.

Bill

Hello Ange. 

That sounds like a laugh to me! Humour is a 'funny' thing, and not everyone views it in the same way. I have found that most humour is in some way detrimental to somebody, so if one takes exception to it, then there will not be much to laugh about in modern societies. 

Best wishes

Bill

Past Member

Laughter is the best medicine in whatever way, shape or form, the ability to not take life seriously with a positive attitude is one of the best ways to enjoy this life in my opinion.

Dame Edna Everage — 'Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. After all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century.'

Happy All Hallows for the 31st or Happy Guy Fawkes (Bonfire Night) for remember, remember the 5th of November!

Yep and this is pretty much the way punkin comes out too! :-)

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
w30bob

Sorry folks...........I think that's hysterical. I wouldn't have even gotten that a few years ago, back when I didn't know anything about ostomies and now, unfortunately, I fully get it. I think if you can't make fun of yourself, no matter what the condition, you're ready for the glue factory.

I had a co-worker (Military guy) send me an email today after I responded to his email yesterday about a technical problem we were having with one of our weapons systems. I explained what I was pretty sure I knew what the problem was and explained. In his reply he said that he agreed with my reasoning, but that if I was wrong and this turned into a long troublesome investigation (as most in the past have) that he'd punch me in the stomach. Locker room talk, so don't get excited, but I replied back something to the effect

I guess you've never seen my stomach. With my ostomy bag........if you hit me in the stomach it would sort of be like kicking me in the ass at the same time. So go right ahead, but I'm not cleaning up the mess!

We both saw the humor in that and got a good chuckle out of it. Life sucks way too much at times not to lighten up whenever you can. So good for the folks who make ostomates out of pumpkins. It sucks that I get the humor in that, but luckily there's only a very small group of other folks who can fully appreciate the humor in it.............but I for one do.

Awesome sauce!

Regards,

Bob

lovely

I also saw this post. I wonder if whoever did the post had an ostomy or knew someone who did.

britathrt60

Hi Mark

I wouldn't be surprised if the owner of the pumpkin has an ostomy and used one of their own pouches.

Take care

Angela

britathrt60

Hey Bob, a pumpkin ostomate would be a great tattoo for you....but you could only show it off at Halloween...I remember your post about
how you were thinking about getting an ostomy tattoo....LOL

Cheers!

Ange

britathrt60

I think you might be right, Lovely.

xnine

One more

warrior

Genius. And gross too. Placing the bag near the chin on the first one made no sense to me. Their artistic juices were flowing..but ..we osties get it. Funnier would be to attach a left and right bag to the pumpkins' ears. But maybe it would look like a dog instead?? The last picture says it all. Thanks for posting all pics.

Bill

JUST FOR LAUGHS.

I write this verse for those who may
use humour in communiqué.
Witty gems that are so funny
cannot be bought for vulgar money.

Give me just one laugh a day
to keep my sadder thoughts at bay.
I would go that extra mile
to bring forth a deep-felt smile.

Sometimes it’s easy to be sad
with all the problems I have had.
But when I read those jokes out loud
it tends to lift the darkest cloud.

Jokes can lift emotions high.
They make me laugh or sometimes cry.
If they are wicked or filthy
they tend to make me feel guilty.

I feel I should not laugh at jokes
that ridicule less able folks.
For I have seen the darker half
of these things that make us laugh.

I never seemed to have the mind
to laugh at things that are unkind.
What some humour does for me
is simply raise my empathy.

I am confused to be amused
with all of my emotions fused.
That which should not make me smile
will steal my self-respect a while.

Nonetheless, I giggle too
at humour aimed at me and you.
Out goes all my good intent
as it gives way to merriment.

But I can’t seem to help myself.
Humour creeps along with stealth.
Even under saddest cloud
suddenly I’ll laugh out loud.

So I pay tribute to the ones
who produce the jokes and puns.
They bring me pleasure midst the pain.
A laugh is treasure found again.

B. Withers 2011

YOU’VE GOTTA LAUGH.

“LET’S JOKE ABOUT ADVERSITY
AND LAUGH AT ITS ABSURDITY”.
-

w30bob

Here here! Well said by the Rhyme Guy! It's good to see some things are timeless.

Thanks Bill!

Regards,

Bob

w30bob

Hi guys,

Here's a few more I found while dinking around on the computer... enjoy!

Bob

lovely

I would never think of doing something like that. I just don't have that much imagination. LOL

PJT

I've seen a few of these and I think they're pretty funny, amusing, and also very creative. I'm not offended at all. We have to laugh at ourselves. I have been doing drawings of ostomates for years, sometimes trying to incorporate different holidays or events into the design. Attached is my Halloween drawing for this year. I hope you like it!

w30bob

PJT........That's pretty darn cool! Nice work!

Regards,

Bob

PJT

Thanks, Bob.

lovely

Great job.

britathrt60

Wow!! Awesome

PJT

Thank you!

Puppyluv56

I am just seeing this because I have been out of the country for a week and just getting caught up! I missed most of the Halloween stuff but think this is so funny! I love the candy corn skeleton! I hate that shit! Lol

Puppyluv!

xnine

Where have you been? To England to see the Queen?

lovely

I have never been on a cruise. I used to want to, but now with back problems and sciatica nerve problems, I don't think I could handle all the walking. Glad you got to go.

Puppyluv56

Lovey, we cruise at least twice a year. They have all kinds of assistance on the ships for walkers and wheelchairs if you need one. Don't let that stop you! It is wonderful to sail to other places and see how people live! 
Puppyluv

lovely

My sister and I used to go on vacations together, but she passed away last year. We talked about a cruise but never made it. We loved to go to the mountains or rent a place on the lake and fish.   Sure do miss her.

NewlifeVictoria

Wow, that's awesomely beautiful!!! Thank you, again. Your drawings are the best, my friend.

Beth22

I have seen them and I like them. I don't find it offensive at all. Wish I would have thought of it first actually. The way they are, it has to be someone who has one or a loved one that is in the front lines with them. They are way too accurate. Most of the world, unless you have one or know someone that does, doesn't even know what it is.

Past Member
Reply to Beth22

Thanks, Beth, for resurrecting this thread from a few years ago as I had forgotten all about it. Must remember to check the archives more often for a good laugh!