Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 20,699 members

My sister, the former ostomate from DLS

dls
Posted by dls, on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:14 am

Hi everyone, some good news. Yesterday (15 Jan) my sister had her emergency colostomy reversed.  All went well, if you don't know what I'm talikng about read' My sister, a new ostomate'.  Yes she was miserable for the six months she had it, her husband did all of her bag changes for her...remember, she woke up with this little surprise and could never come to terms with it.  Couldn't talk to her yesterday...out of it...but had a long chat with her husband.  The news was better than I had hoped.  Will be chatting with her today, and am interested to see what sort of readjustment she will need to be 'normal' again. Cheers!

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:37 am

Hopeful everything is great!! I read this and wanted to say ,hugs Good luck and I'm here if you Like to chat! Hope you sister is doing great today🙏Nice to know your in her life and sound like a great sister 😊🤗😇I wish I had a good sister, or a good brother... I have a brother who don't really care if I'm alive or not!! 😢but anyway I hope your sister is feeling good! Keep in touch if you, 🙏😇😊Take Care, your a great sister 🙏😊😇 Sincerely Victoria 

Reply by Tickpol , on Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:06 am

Prayers that her recovery is swift and permanent!!!

Dave

Reply by w30bob, on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi dls,

That's great news!  I wish your sister the best!!  One down, 23,789 of us to go!

;0)

bob

Reply by Bagface, on Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:23 pm

Great news! Keep us posted!

Reply by Bill, on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Thank you for updating us and my thought are with both you and your sister. 

Best wishes

Bill

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:19 pm

Danielle, 

I am so happy for her! I know we talked about her Ostomy a long time ago! She is a very lucky lady to be able to have the reversal! Her Husband must be a Saint! My husband is wonderful but that is one thing he would probably draw a line on! He would hire someone but not do it himself! She is lucky! I know that relieves your mind as well! Hope you have been doing well! Miss our emails. Write when you have time so we can catch up! 
Candy

Reply by lovely, on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:05 pm

So glad she is on the mend. She has a great husband to help her through it. A lot of mates I have read bailed on their spouses. Thans for the update. 

Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:26 pm
lovely wrote:

So glad she is on the mend. She has a great husband to help her through it. A lot of mates I have read bailed on their spouses. Thans for the update. 

😇🙏Yes she does have a wonderful husband and I pray to find one, all the time! Yes me as well, nasty man  bailed After 12 years.. for me but anyway, Happy for you 😊  😊Hope your well 👍😊

Reply by Angelicamarie, on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:27 pm

Hi dls, that's great news!

Reply by britathrt60, on Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:24 pm

That is awesome news....so happy for her...she has a wonderful husband and Sister.

Ange

dls
Reply by dls, on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:31 pm
NewlifeVictoria wrote:

Hopeful everything is great!! I read this and wanted to say ,hugs Good luck and I'm here if you Like to chat! Hope you sister is doing great today🙏Nice to know your in her life and sound like a great sister 😊🤗😇I wish I had a good sister, or a good brother... I have a brother who don't really care if I'm alive or not!! 😢but anyway I hope your sister is feeling good! Keep in touch if you, 🙏😇😊Take Care, your a great sister 🙏😊😇 Sincerely Victoria 

Thank you, will post as things go long...swe don't live near each other, hope to see her in early spring.  Her husband, who is no fan of mine, has been wonderful keeping me posted on each and every detail.  We both have terrific husbands...but mine died. When I see these two like this, working so well together, it brings back memories...  All is well.

dls
Reply by dls, on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:34 pm
Bagface wrote:

Great news! Keep us posted!

Of course, and thank you.

dls
Reply by dls, on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:36 pm
Bill wrote:

Best wishes

Bill

Thanks, Bill, it's good be back osite, and hapy you're well...stay safe and healthy.

dls
Reply by dls, on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:36 pm
Bill wrote:

Best wishes

Bill

Thanks, Bill, it's good be back osite, and hapy you're well...stay safe and healthy.

dls
Reply by dls, on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:38 pm
Puppyluv56 wrote:

Danielle, 

I am so happy for her! I know we talked about her Ostomy a long time ago! She is a very lucky lady to be able to have the reversal! Her Husband must be a Saint! My husband is wonderful but that is one thing he would probably draw a line on! He would hire someone but not do it himself! She is lucky! I know that relieves your mind as well! Hope you have been doing well! Miss our emails. Write when you have time so we can catch up! 
Candy

Hey Candy, it's Donna, but Danielle is a nice name too. I miss our little chats...you're still in my 'other' email address.  Will get in touch so we can catch up...a few problems of my own right now.

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:43 pm

Hahaha,

Donna, I know that! See what happens when you stay gone too long! I do have a friend Danielle here too! Lol guess it just types what it wants! Looking forward to hearing from you. 
Candy

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.