I had my staples out yesterday

Replies
Views
currentsitguy

So far, mostly so good. There is a small spot below my belly button where the surgeon says there is a bit of what she referred to as "fat necrosis". I am told this is not to be concerned with. There is no sign of infection, but I was warned things may "open up a small bit there" but that so long as I change the dressings under the compression bandage daily and no signs of latent infection appear, all should be fine. I'll say there is no pain at this point, but man it's itchy at times.

I am told I need to stick to this low fiber diet for at least the next 4 weeks. I have reintroduced things like bacon. I was warned about onions, but after two days I see no real difference.

Now for the good news. First, the soreness in my rear end seems to have receded. It's almost back to "normal". I'm on a septic system. They tell me I'm supposed to use that Scott's sandpaper. I used to bleed from that before the colostomy. To hell with that. It's Charmin and I'll pump the damn thing.)

The bathroom routine has pretty much settled into what I'd refer to as "clusters". The first, and most substantial of the day is morning, usually about 3/4 into the morning coffee. I go in, do most of my thing and then maybe go back again in about 10 minutes for a little bit more. Next, maybe once or twice around lunch. Lastly, and this is more forced, right before bed a small amount.

Now if I can just get back into that tub.

britathrt60

Awesome news! Current. I'm so glad it is successful.

Keep on keeping on... Cheers. Ange

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,368 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lovely

Hi currentsitguy. So glad everything is going well for you. I have heard that Charmin is bad to use as it clogs things up. I am on a septic tank as well and I use Quilted Northern. It is not as soft as Charmin, but it is better than a lot of them.

w30bob

Yeah man...that's awesome! Hey, if your butt has issues with Scott's maybe you should install a bidet!

Keep on keepin' on.

Bob

Bill

Of course, if you are flush with cash, there is always the wash and dry toilet range, which enables you to dispense with toilet paper altogether. DTUK Indus Wash and Dry toilets are fully featured with controls on the toilet and a separate remote control that can be wall mounted. These toilets have heated seats, they wash, massage, auto deodorise & dry.

My daughter has one fitted and has been trying to persuade me to get one before she visits next.

Best wishes

Bill

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister