Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Dating 20,934 members

I had my staples out yesterday

Posted by currentsitguy, on Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:31 pm

So far, mostly so good. There is a small spot below my belly button where the surges says there is a bit of what she referred to as "fat necrosis". I am told this is not to be concerned with. There is no sign of infection, but I was warned things may "open up a small bit there" but that so long as I change the dressings under the compression bandage daily and no signs of latent infection appear, all should be fine. I'll say there is no pain at this point, but man it's itchy at times.

I am told I need to stick to this low fiber diet for at least the next 4 weeks. I have reintroduced things like bacon. I was warned about onions, but after two days I see no real difference.

Now for the good news. First the soreness in my rear end sommes to have receeded. It's almost back to "normal". I'm on a septic system. They tell me I'm supposed to use that Scott's sandpaper. I used to bleed from that before the colostomy. To hell with that. It's Charmin and I'll pump the damn thing. ;)

The bathroom routine has pretty much settled into what I'd refer to as "clusters". The first, and most substantial of the day is morning, usually about 3/4 into the morning coffee. I go in, do most of my thing and than maybe go back again in about 10 minutes for a little bit more. Next, maybe once or twice around lunch. Lastly, and this is more forced, right before bed a small amount.

Now if I can jst get back into that tub.

Reply by britathrt60, on Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:41 pm

Awesome news current. .im so glad it is successfull

Keep on keeping on...cheers.  Ange 

Reply by lovely, on Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:27 pm

Hi currentsitguy So glad everything is going good for you. I have heard that Charmin is bad to use as it stops things up. I am on a setic tank also and I use Quilted Northern. It is not as soft as Charmin but it is better than a lot of them.

Last edited by lovely on Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply by w30bob, on Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:27 pm

Yeah man...that's awesome!  Hey, if your butt has issues with Scott's maybe you should install a bidea!

Keep on keepin' on.

Bob

Reply by Bill, on Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:24 am

Of course, if you are flush with cash, there is always the wash and dry toilet range, which enables you to dispense with toilet paper altogether. DTUK Indus Wash and Dry toilets are fully featured with controls on the toilet and a separate remote control that can be wall mounted. These toilets have heated seats, they wash, massage, auto deodorise & dry.

My daughter has one fitted and has been trying to persuade me to get one before she visits next.

Best wishes

Bill

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.