How long to wear compression bandage after surgery?

Replies
Views
currentsitguy

I recently had reversal surgery, but this should apply to colostomy patients just as well. How long did you wear the compression bandage after your surgery? I asked the surgeon but all she would say was "You'll know when it's time to come off". My staples are out, and I just have a bunch of steri-strips now. There is no longer any pain, but I will say down at the bottom of this thing it's itchy as all get out.

britathrt60

Hi currents

Sounds like maybe you don't need it anymore. Check back with your surgeon and let her know how itchy it is... she may remove it for you so you can breathe a big sigh of relief... good luck

Cheers

Ange

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,427 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

currentsitguy

Well, it's just Velcro. So long as I get the go-ahead, I can just peel it off.

britathrt60

Oh well, that's awesome. Call her and rip that darn thing off... lol.

Puppyluv56

I cannot remember exactly, but it was not long! I think it was only a week. They got blood on it when they put it on the first time, so it was gross to wear! Got rid of it quick.
puppy

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
PETey.13

Guy, three weeks, it just got too hot. It was getting in the way, as I became more active.

currentsitguy

Yeah, that's the problem. It's hot, sweaty and damn itchy under there.