Unexpected Silver Linings: Quarantine in Spanish Brothel

Replies
Views
currentsitguy

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/silver-linings-playbook-119-people-quarantined-brothel-spain

"Silver Linings Playbook: 119 People Quarantined in a Brothel in Spain"

Of all the places to be quarantined, a brothel in Valencia, Spain, might not be the worst. You've got booze, you've likely got a small buffet of fried foods, and you've got entertainment.

But in all seriousness, that was exactly the case a day ago when authorities found that a woman working at the "La Selva Negra" brothel had tested positive for coronavirus. The findings forced authorities to quarantine the premises and the 86 customers that were inside.

The employee, who is now in the hospital, had "slept with several clients that same night," according to a translated blog post on the story.

In addition to the customers, the club's owners, waitresses, security, and cleaning crew were also quarantined. When added to the total of 86 customers, it makes 119 people under quarantine. They have been asked to "keep calm" and to just "live a normal life" inside the premises."

Mark1070

Yikes. Explain that one to your family. LOL

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,468 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Well.........I guess the good news is if they have strict rules (about kissing and "handling") it might be possible to get laid and not get the virus! Not sure those guys' wives would consider that good news.....but just saying. But Mark is right.......that's gonna be one tough phone call for each of those customers.

On a more serious note.........I assume anyone dealing with Crohn's or UC is on some serious immunosuppressant medications (Humira, Remicade, Methotrexate, etc, etc). We need to avoid this virus like the plague. I've already told my boss if even one person in our geographical area is identified as having it.....I'm teleworking full time until it passes. He agreed. Many of my co-workers that had planned travel to the west coast and Pacific Northeast for work have cancelled and will do it via video conference. For most healthy folks this is just a common cold. But for us on immunosuppressants our bodies might not have a fighting chance if not caught in time. So be careful out there folks. You might only get one shot at dealing with this virus, and you might lose. So don't take any chances if you can help it.

Regards,

Bob

currentsitguy

The flip side of that is those of us with autoimmune disorders. I'm a Type 1 diabetic, my wife, although not an ostomy patient, has Achalasia. Our systems already go nuts when confronted not only by something foreign, but also with our own body. I can't even think about what this will do.

connie0922

OMG!!!!

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
w30bob

Yes, good point! Seems these minor flu-like viruses can really wreak havoc on folks of many flavors. It's just Mother Nature working that "Survival of the Fittest" angle again. We'll just have to keep shuckin' and jivin' to stay alive. Never a dull moment, I guess.

Later,

Bob

Past Member

Being ostomates, we have hand hygiene down to a science. It gives us a leg up on the rest of the population. At least we have something going for us.

britathrt60

Padfoot

Right on about the hand washing....we certainly do have it down pat...or at least I hope we all do...any virus can make us sick.

Ange

w30bob

We're supposed to be washing our hands? Crap, I knew there was SOMETHING I was forgetting. I'll get right on it!

;0)

Bob

britathrt60

Ewwww, Bob... go wash those shitty hands... LOL.  

currentsitguy

Although I am now reversed, this is something I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I am a hygiene NAZI!

Girl Scout

Ha ha ha

w30bob

And I thought that was just me getting a tan!  The things you learn.....................

:0(

Bob

ron in mich

Hi all, as a long-time ostomate, and with all the hand washing and sanitizer use during this time of winter, my hands get so dry and cracks around the cuticles. It adds one more pain to being an ostomate and having good hygiene.

w30bob

Ron,

No shit.......try the O'Keefe's Hand lotion. I'm not big on all those skin lotions and such, but I find the O'Keefe's to be amazing. They sell it at Walmart in a squeeze tube or a tub for like $4 and change. If it can't help your hands, nothing will. Well, there is something that will work, but we'll save that one for extreme cases. Getcha some of that O'Keefe's.....I think you'll be surprised. PS shout out to whoever recommended the O'Keefe's to me on here.........don't remember who it was, but 10 points to you.

Later,

Bob

Past Member

Agreed. However, it obviously has huge benefits during a pandemic! There is a cream made by Coloplast that really helps with dry, over-washed skin - it's called Atrac-Tain. It has 10% urea and AHA, whatever that means (maybe that the joke is on me?). I find it helps a lot. Get the small size first to try it because it's a bit pricey. Or ask for some samples from Coloplast; they will probably send you some.  

While we are all enjoying our immunity to the coronavirus, we will have to take some time to mourn the loss of Bob, who didn't learn to wash his mitts. Alas, poor Bob! He will be missed.

w30bob

Would you look at this crap... Ol' Webfoot has already written me off... and I don't even have the sniffles!  Her and her expensive Attack-Train overpriced Petroleum Jelly.  The nerve of some people!! 

Hey, we all gotta go sometime.  Guess I'd rather get a cold and drop dead in a few days than be plumbed to a bunch of machines stuck in a hospital bed watching my relatives divvy up my stuff.  What a mad, mad, mad, mad world.  Great title for a movie, no?

Peace out, folks,

B-man

Past Member

Webfoot. I like that! Maybe I won't have to pack my fins now when I go on a snorkeling vacation? And I am so sorry about writing you off. Rumors of your demise were greatly exaggerated! My most humble apologies.

0765peter

Can anyone please help me? I am in a brothel in Spain, but I told the wife I was going out to get some peaches, which technically I did. Can someone please call her and let her know that I fell down a drain and will be stuck for a fortnight or so.

britathrt60

Hahahaha Bob is a Mao icon.

britathrt60

No worries, Peter.

Ya won't survive a fortnight down the drain, so you don't have to worry about your wife killing you. LMAO.

For those who don't know Brit talk, a fortnight is 2 weeks.