Not to get everyone down, but figure I'll tell you what my primary care doc told me on Friday when I saw her and asked about the virus. I told her I'm currently on two immunosuppressants, Humira and Methotrexate (oral), as a preventative. I asked her a few things and here are her answers....
1. Should I be concerned about this damn virus? Yes, definitely. With my immune system beaten back by my meds, I was susceptible.
2. What exactly would happen if I got it....worse case? It will kill you. There's no treatment, so you're fucked. (My word, not hers)
3. What exactly would they do if I showed up at the ER complaining of fever and trouble breathing? They'd test me, and if positive, most likely keep me there for observation.
4. What does that mean......they'll all stand around and watch me die? Yup, pretty much.
5. What would you do if you were me? Stop at the supermarket on your way home. Buy everything you need to stay in your home for 4 weeks. Go home and don't come out, or let people in, until this is over.
6. Really? Yes.....you asked what I'd do......that's what I'd do. You can telework (which I can), and you have a farm.....so you won't get bored. Now go hide.
So...........I waited until 11:30pm and hit the Walmart when no one was in there. There was still a lot of stuff left, so I piled the cart as full as I could make it without stuff falling out. The next night I went to my local Weis Market supermarket, which had everything including sanitizer and toilet paper, and they ended up chasing me out as they were trying to close up at 11:00pm. So I'm good. But I'm getting a hankering for some Popeye's chicken..............
Stay well, my friends. Nature is thinning the herd again, so don't let her catch you being stupid. Go hide for a few weeks and when you come out, spring will be in full swing with summer right around the corner. You might have a few funerals to attend, but otherwise you'll be no worse for wear. May the force be with you and all that nonsense!