Change

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

In 1964 Sam Cooke wrote a song called a change is gonna come. Mr Cooke felt compelled to write the song because of his struggle and those around him. Although some things have changed some have remained the same. In 2020 all races feel, see and have witnessed the need for change. As you listen to this song how prophetic his words are. Hope you enjoy as I have.
Sam Cooke/A Change Is Gonna Come/VEVO

Take Care,

Angelicamarie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Angelicamarie, I am hoping for some long overdue change too. It's too bad that Sam Cooke didn't live long enough to see his prophecy come to fruition, but that is often the fate of people who are ahead of their time. Thanks for the reminder.

Laurie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Bill

Hello Angelicamarie.

Thank you for drawing my attention to this song which is so powerful in its sentiment. The skill and simplicity of performance gives the message that power of pent-up emotion, which on  an optimistic day, might be called 'hope'. I watched the version with the civil rights video clips, which gave it even more poignance.

Unfortunately, I am saddened to be reminded that songs like this are still pertinent in the 21st century. It seems that there are powerful forces resisting change for the better, and whilst we allow those forces to succeed, it may be that these songs will be sung and applauded as 'classics' for many years to come. 

Best wishes

Bill

dadnabbit

Hey Angel.GREAT choice of music. Hope you are surviving dealing with the frustration, misguided anger and palpable hatred being thrown around out there. Keep your spirits up with the hope of a new tomorrow, because lately present day today sucks.Here's hoping we can all BE THE CHANGE.

Nancy