Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships 22,1K + members

Ostomy reversal and hernia repair

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate.org
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:23 am

can i have it at the same time

Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:25 am

Hello cynthiad.  This will depend upon a number of different factors, not least of which will be your surgeon's willingness and ability to perform these ops. Every- body and their conditions are different, so it is difficult to give a definitive answer to your question. However, in most circumstances, the surgeon will prefer to undertake these operations together so that they don't have to do invasive surgery any more than they have to.  It's probably best to talk it over with you surgeon and see what answers they come up with.

Let us know how you get on with both your discussions and your surgery

Best wishes

Bill

Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:39 pm

So Cynthia.......what did the Doc say?  I just read your post and agree with Bill........everyone is different.  But basically the hole left in your abs when they reconnect your stoma to your ass IS basically a hernia.......so the procedure to close and reinforce that hole should be basically the same as how they'll fix your hernia.  I suspect your surgeon will be up for the challenge.  But let us know.........maybe I'm missing something.

thanks,

bob

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.