COVID-19 Mutation: D614G Evolving to Bypass Safety Measures

Replies
Views
w30bob

Just when you start to see a light at the end of the tunnel... you realize it's an oncoming train! Think I'll make a conscious effort to not buy anything made in China anymore. Even if I need it, I'll make do. Enough is enough.

Sorry for the bad news, folks.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/covid-19-mutation-may-be-evolving-to-bypass-masks-hand-washing/

Hang in there,

Bob

Maried

Viruses mutate all the time (HIV, flu, Ebola) that is why we need a new flu shot every year and always developing new drugs to combat HIV. The only real weapon is to keep the CDC and World Health Organization well funded with the best medical professionals and money and work as a team with other countries to combat these viruses so they are traced and controlled if possible.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,315 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mark1070

Absolutely, agree. It's so crazy why the NY Post never pointed this out. We could've been safer but at least, thanks to the NY Post, we're safe now.

Bill

Hello Bob. 

That's an interesting revelation. The covid virus in the UK is said to have mutated into a new strain which is over 70% more transmittable than the previous strain. It sounds like the same thing is happening in the USA.

I wonder how many other countrie are experiencing the same sort of problems and keeping quiet about it.

We have gone into a virtual lockdown across the country to try to slow it down until the new vaccines come into play. However, it seems that there is every likelihood that people will ignor all the warnings and get together in one massive virus spreading party on  Christmas day. I am sorry to say that the start of 2021 is not looking at all promising. 

Stay safe everyone!

Best wishes

Bill

w30bob

Hi Bill,

Yeah, I'm noticing folks getting a little lax over here as well, or maybe just burnt out from all this crap, but the end result will be the same.   Time will tell, I guess.

Regards,

Bob

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Puppypug

Absolutely!! Well said!!!

Mr Fox

I can understand what you are saying. When Trump became president, my friends and I stopped buying anything from America.