Ostomy Memories Resolution

Replies
Views
HenryM

HERE’S A RESOLUTION that I can live with: I’m not going to fear the future. I’m only going to dread one day at a time. I shall remain for the most part in my private cocoon, protected from the elements and marauding Republicans by brick and locked doors and the welcome anonymity of living in background obscurity. I remain surrounded by selfish distractions: plenty of books, music CDs and tapes, four family cats, and my spouse of 52 years who keeps saying things like “I’m not going to let you eat that” and “you left the light on in the kitchen again.”
The key is to not worry unnecessarily, and the key to THAT is to realize that there’s nothing I can do about it anyway. It’s not as if I’m mute; if they’d ask me, I’d tell them! Of course, a constant challenge is to not permit my memory to overwhelm my attempts at living in the moment. At a certain advanced age, one’s memories can become predominant due to the simple fact that one’s past years make up a larger percentage of one’s life than one’s future years. But if hindsight is 20/20, I look forward to 2020 being hindsight.

Ritz

Well done ..Happiest Year ahead to you and yours

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,315 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.