Ostomy Memories of a Trial

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

A man named David Parrump was charged with murdering a woman. He could afford to hire a lawyer and brought in several to work as a team in his defense.
“I think that we can argue she was assaulting you and you were defending yourself,” said one lawyer.
“I don’t want to do that,” said Parrump.
“We could take the position that you believed she was a burglar,” a second lawyer offered.
“No,” said Parrump.
“How about we say your gun went off accidentally,” tried a third.
“That’s not what I had in mind,” objected Parrump. “This is what I want to do,” he told them. “My defense ought to be that she was ugly.”
The three lawyers exchanged uneasy glances. A few moments passed. Finally, one of them said, “But that’s not a valid defense under the law.”
Parrump bowed up with irritation. “I don’t give a damn about the law,” he said. “That’s why I did it and that ought to be good enough.”
When the trial began, the defense lawyers managed to keep all the unattractive people off the jury. The panel was made up of all good-looking jurors. They found Parrump not guilty.
The moral of the story is that the rule of law is for suckers and ugly people.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,092 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bowsprit

That ees funny. The poor and the unattractive get it in the neck everywhere, but I believe in what the Bible says that the meek shall inherit the earth one day. Those of you who live in Western Democracies are lucky. The real travesty of law and justice is committed in the developing world, especially where authoritarian regimes are in control.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
dadnabbit

I'm just not so sure that the meek will want the earth that they will inherit ?.....

PEACE

Dadnabbit

HenryM

Unfortunately, our particular "Western Democracy" is imperiled at present.  There are white power wingnuts loose in the land.