Ostomy Memories of a Date

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

FOR A WHOLE WEEK I looked forward to watching one of my favorite films on TCM, “The Magnificent Seven.” Finally the time arrived. I was comfortably ensconced on the couch, looking forward not only to the performances of some top-notch actors but also the tremendous score for the film composed by Elmer Bernstein.
Thirty minutes into the movie our power went out. Did you hear me cursing? It was out for almost three hours. SO MUCH FOR WATCHING ONE OF THE GREAT WESTERNS.
This flick has always had a special significance for me. It came out in 1960, the year that I graduated from high school. It played in Miami at the Olympia Theater downtown on Flagler Street. There was a girl in my school that was beautiful, serene, and untouchable. I had ogled her secretly for years. Finally, I somehow managed to bolster my courage and I asked her out on a date. She accepted. I took her to see “The Magnificent Seven.”
I was thoroughly enjoying the movie when, perhaps one-third into it, she announced that she didn’t feel good and wanted to go home. Maybe she thought the movie stunk. Maybe she thought I stunk. Who knows? SO MUCH FOR WATCHING ONE OF THE GREAT WESTERNS.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ritz

Henry... So you didn't see it in 1960 and didn't see it last night. But you have seen it in its entirety in between, yes?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
HenryM

Oh yes, a number of times.  I like westerns and it is one of my favorites.

Ritz

I figured so, Henry! It is a good one. I watch westerns, believe it or not, but oddly enough I don't like John Wayne movies.

HenryM

I have always felt that way too altho', a few years ago, I realized that I liked Wayne's film "Rio Bravo."  You using the term "i figured so" reminds me of Clint Eastwood's character in another great western, "The Outlaw Josey Wales."  Throughout the movie, he kept saying "I reckon so"... except when he said "I reckon not." 

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Ritz

Henry... I love Clint Eastwood movies. I've seen all his western ones. And many others. I'm attempting to pluck on here with my left hand. Sorry for the typos.