Late but Legendary: The Walmart Greeter's Military Secret

In this discussion
Replies
Views
xnine

Charles, a new retiree-greeter at Wal-Mart, just couldn't seem to get to work on time. Every day he was 5, 10, 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean-shaven, sharp-minded, and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.

One day the boss called him into the office for a talk. "Charles, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang-up job when you finally get here, but your being late so often is quite bothersome."

"Yes, sir, I know, and I am working on it."

"Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear."

"Yes, sir, I understand your concern and I'll try harder."

Seeming puzzled, the manager went on to comment, "It's odd though you're coming in late. I know you're retired from the Armed Forces. What did they say to you there if you showed up in the morning so late and so often?"

The old man looked down at the floor, then smiled. He chuckled quietly, then said with a grin,
"They usually saluted and said:
"Good morning General, can I get your coffee, sir?"

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Earth Angel

Awesome

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
w30bob

Excellent!!! Thanks X!

Bob

lovely

Good one

darrenc26

Fantastic

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Lily17

Love it! :)

lifeisgrand60

That is way too funny

Past Member

Terrific punchline! That was outstanding xnine.

..mountain.