Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Site update

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:48 am

Hi all, 

Is anyone else having issues with the new and improved updates? When I bring the forum up, I no longer have the option to delete the post. I also did not have a "reply to the comment" option. I do not always want to reply to the entire post but to one single post within the conversation.  Had issues with the mail as well. There is no longer a reply button and the conversation box to reply does not always pop up. When it did, it came at the bottom of a long string of emails and I had to scroll up forever to get to the latest email. I only use my IPhone So is it just on the phone or on other devices as well? 
Anyone else having issues. I am not seeing ANY beneifit in this last update. Anyone seen some positive changes from it that I am not seeing? 
I did contact Admin. About the email issue. He responded telling me what should be there but it is not working every time. 
Puppyluv

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:57 am

Well, my "reply to comment" is back today.That is good! 

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:36 am

Hi there, YES, having the same annoying issues that you are!  I don't like the new update at all. 

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:25 pm

ginahelenabrown wrote:  

Hi there, YES, having the same annoying issues that you are!  I don't like the new update at all. 

Maybe if we all contact the admin folks with our issues? They will work the kinks out of the program.

Do you use a computer, laptop, or IPhone? 
Thought it was me or maybe IPhone compatiblity!  Lol

thanks,

Puppyluv

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:43 pm

Having the same issues on my iPad...hopefully they will work out the bugs directly.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Puppyluv56 wrote:  

Maybe if we all contact the admin folks with our issues? They will work the kinks out of the program.

Do you use a computer, laptop, or IPhone?  Thought it was me or maybe IPhone compatiblity!  Lol

thanks,

Puppyluv

I use an iPhone

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:42 pm

Puppyluv56 wrote:  

Do you use a computer, laptop, or IPhone?  Thought it was me or maybe IPhone compatiblity!  Lol

thanks,

Puppyluv

Same issues as you pup. Lol I use my I pad

administrator
Site Admin
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:12 pm

Thank you for your feedback. Apparently the issue was with older phones that have small screen resolution. These issues should be fixed now.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:31 pm

administrator wrote:  

Thank you for your feedback. Apparently the issue was with older phones that have small screen resolution. These issues should be fixed now.

Thank you so much. I do have a 10 so maybe not only those older IPhones. We appreciate your help! Will keep you posted if any further issues! 
Puppyluv

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:56 am

Hello Puppyluv.

Yes! I contacted Admin about one of the irritating issues and they replied promptly.  I get used to doing things in a certain way and once adjusted to a routine, I do find it irritating to have to readjust to something differrent.  However, it must be difficult for those who run a site such as this, to figure out what is best practice and what might be irritating, as (probably) everyone has different perspectives on these things. To try to put a more positive slant on these issues; at least these admiistrators are demonstrating their willingness to try to change things for (what they see as) the improvement of the participant's experience. I have always found them responsive to my comments as a user, which is more than can be said for many of the other internet sites that have been irritating in the past!

Best wishes

Bill    

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:51 am

Hi Bill, 

Oh YES! The Admin people are awesome! They respond promptly. They work to fix issues and they care about how we feel about the workings of the site. 
Only problem with the update that has not been corrected is the delete button for notifications. This has a huge negative impact on me.  I like to clean up my list. Once I have read or responded to them, I don't want to have to scroll through them In this long list. I delete the likes after viewing as well. I have not found a way to delete without that X button. Have you? 
It sure would help to have it back.

Thanks for you input! 
Puppyluv

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.