Hope for Scar Tissue Blockages: Test Your Luck!

Replies
Views
Puppyluv56

My friend had a first consult with a surgeon that gave her a horrible diet but said surgery was likely in her future. She had a second consult with a different surgeon that told her that about 70% of scar tissue blockages correct themselves. Now that sounded a little optimistic but he scheduled a barium fluoroscope and the results were there; there was no sign of scar tissue blockage and she could ease back into her normal diet! Of course, this is the best outcome possible so maybe there is hope for others that have completely given up on eating anything yummy for fear of another blockage. Maybe a test to see if you are in that lucky 70% would be worthwhile!
Puppyluv

Caz67

Glad to hear something positive, now did someone mention cake? Yes, please, with a brew if you don't mind. LOL xx

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,442 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory

Great news for your friend. It pays to get a second opinion.

Puppyluv56

Yes, it does! She is so happy now! Glad she did!  
pup

vikinga

I also was concerned with fibroids/scar tissue blockages after 2 major abdominal surgeries. The second one was to correct a problem with my first ileostomy. All within 65 months. I used Nattokinase as a preventative for additional adhesions and existing ones. I seem to be great now after 9 years :) Here is some great info about these enzymes and their many beneficial uses. My husband now uses 2 of them instead of blood thinners after a stent, but that is another story :)

https://www.naturalnews.com/028285_enzymes_scars.html

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Puppyluv56

Thanks for the info! I will certainly pass this along! My friend is enjoying a normal diet for the first time in months and is a happy girl! Lol Never know what the future brings so it is good to have a weapon ready for any attack to your system! 
puppyluv