Survived the Roller Coaster Madness!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Ritz

Hey friends... I am still alive after living through 6 roller coaster rides and 7 haunted houses at Haunt Kings Dominion in Virginia with my family! No teasing on my frightful photo... 5 loops and 3 corkscrews at 65 mph and 135 ft within this 2-minute ride picture! OMG... 11 days left. I've been whizzing around on an electric bike and motorized scooters and hiking, looking for bears and deer along the Manassas Lake at my son's house with my most energetic grandkids... 15-13-9. Well, gotta go... sleepover night!

I'll survive and NO POPPING my BAG!!!

Ritz

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,098 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory

I would never know if this would work for me....terrified of heights lol. I am in awe of anyone getting on the rides anymore. I am glad you had a great experience. Enjoy your grandchildren. They grow up so quickly.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Earth Angel

You go girl!!! Woo-hoo! I love the rush of a rollercoaster!!!! Good for you being so brave! So happy you had no issues! You are one crazy Grammie! Have a great time!

TerryLT

Way to go Ritz! You're a braver woman than me!

Terry

Puppyluv56

Looks like you are having a blast! I never really liked the roller coaster rides, but they are so different now! Not the old rickety wooden things! I always loved the Zipper. Those cages that you can rock till they turn over and over while going around and around. Very few people would get on that ride with me! Haha. I would still do it if they had one at the fair. I will have to check. It is coming next week! Yay!

Enjoy those babies before they get too busy for us old folks! Lol

Puppyluv

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
lovely

Ritz, I am glad you did well on the ride. I am like Pup, I never cared for roller coasters. Enjoy your visit.

Lily17

Ritz

Sounds like you're having a blast with your family - and what a rush on the roller coasters! Enjoy your visit and vacation; check in with us when you have the time.

Lily17

Ebony&Ivory

Looks like so much fun! I'm not an amusement park ride person. My stomach just can't take it.

The Ferris wheel, bumper cars, and the merry-go-round are about as dangerous as I get, but I like to see the faces of those brave enough to go for it.

Glad you had fun!

E I

SharkFan

Ritz,

The motto of our family now is "Building memories." When we move on from this life, we can leave our kids and others with our most prized possessions, none of which will be more valuable than the memories we've made.

On a lighter note, how did you protect your bag? I dread getting on a coaster and having the safety bar burst my bag.

Keep it up,

SharkFan

Ritz
Reply to SharkFan

The bars didn't even touch it. Go for it... I had so much fun!

Immarsh

Hi Ritz, so glad you are having a fabulous time. Thanks for keeping us informed. When I first had my surgery (I was 15) and there were so many things that I couldn't do because I was still recovering from osteoporosis and wearing a back brace. I had to wait nearly a year (past 16) to start trying to do things I'd done as a child. While my parents weren't really overprotective, they were hesitant to "let me jump back in". But I went right back to swimming in the ocean and jumping the waves. A pool was no problem, but I went to a camp for long weekends and slept dormitory style and showered with everyone else. I wore a stretch panty and told them I had a hernia. If anyone guessed, they didn't say. I went on hikes and camping trips and just packed extra supplies. I only had to change in the "wilderness once". I flew with a friend in a single-engine plane (no bathroom) and only once did we have to land on a grass strip to find a bathroom for me. I could go on and on with all my firsts... snorkeling around the world and on the Great Barrier Reef. Swimming in the Dead Sea was my only disaster. The pouch separated from the wafer and it was a mess. But a good shower and tape that I always carried saved the day. I rarely, if ever, take supplies with me if I'm out for the day. Just tape. But as I'm getting older and my digestion has changed, I'm going to keep a packet of supplies in the car. When I fly, all my supplies and medications are in my carry-on, but I keep a few items in my purse just in case I need to change. The 19 hours to Australia can seem endless, but I've done it 7x without a problem. So for those of you who "overthink" what you may need, try to be practical by taking what you need to ease your concern. After the ostomy, that cage door is really open, so be like Ritz and go for the fun. Best to everyone... Marsha

riffael
Reply to Puppyluv56

I think the Zipper was my favorite ride growing up!
My pals post terrifying rides on FB and say "Who would ride this?" I'm always "Me, in a hot second!" Hell, I jump out of airplanes periodically.
I haven't done any of these things post-colostomy, but it's only been 4-1/2 months.
Thanks for letting me know my bag will be safe!

Past Member

Good for you, Ritz! My last ride on Space Mountain made me so dizzy I'll never do it again! No colostomy issues, just spinning! Have a great time!

Caz67

Hey Ritz, I love the scary rides, especially the taller ones. My all-time favorite has to be the waltzer. Ye ha! Lol. Enjoy the ride, Ritz. XX