Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Thanks

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:33 pm
This is a great community. Consider joining.

Several people have asked about my son. He had what they call the long haul covid.He was so very sick and weak for about four or five weeks. He is doing pretty good now just still has a little weakness. He went and got the vaccination on Monday. On tuesday he had to come home from work with a terribe headache and feeling kinda sick. He was fine today. A friend of his has it and had to be put in the hospital. They have her on Oxygen and are keeping her in a induced Coma. It is so sad when people have it and are in the hospital and you can't visit them. It is strange how covid and the vaccinations affect people different. Thank all of you for for the prayers and best wishes.  Best wishes and stay safe

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:02 am

Hello Lovely.

Thank you for updating us on your son's progress. It is good to know that he is gradually getting better. 

Like you say, it is strange how Covid (& vaccinations) affect people in different ways. The guy I work with is 79years old and hardly had any symptoms with covid. Whereas my daughter, who 'was' young, fit and active, has been off work for months and is only very slowly beginning to see signs of recovery. 

Best wishes

Bill 

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:58 am

Lovely... That great news! I'm so glad he's better....

Angel

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:09 am

Good news, lovely. The severity of that beastly thing, they say, depends on pre-existing conditions. Where you live also plays a part. Just like the vaccine itself, some people breeze through it while others are badly effected like Bill has pointed out here. Isn't life somewhat like that also? Some go through it with a song on their lips while others have a harder time. All the best wishes.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:29 am

Bill wrote:

Hello Lovely.

Thank you for updating us on your son's progress. It is good to know that he is gradually getting better. 

Like you say, it is strange how Covid (& vaccinations) affect people in different ways. The guy I work with is 79years old and hardly had any symptoms with covid. Whereas my daughter, who 'was' young, fit and active, has been off work for months and is only very slowly beginning to see signs of recovery. 

Best wishes

Bill 

Prayers for a full recovery for your daughter Bill! 😇🙏

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:39 am

Hi Lovely thanks for the update and glad to hear he is getting through it , we have friends who we found out that have gotten covid the wife is doing good but the husband was in the hospital and getting all the meds that are supposed to help get over it.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:34 pm

I'm so glad to hear your son is doing better Lovely.  I know this was a very tough time for him and for you too.  All the best!

Terry

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:17 pm

Bill wrote:

Hello Lovely.

Best wishes

Bill 

Bill I hope your daughter will be better soon. It sure does sap your engery.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:20 pm

Great news lovely!

E& I

Past Member
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:55 pm

Oh Lovely what a thing to have to thru.  My lifelong friend her daughter n son in law got it, the daughter was in hospital and sent home on oxygen which she can't seem to get off while the son flew right on by with it never really affecting him much.  You and your family and son are on my prayer list.  God continue to bless and protect you.  Linda

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:03 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Oh Lovely what a thing to have to thru.  My lifelong friend her daughter n son in law got it, the daughter was in hospital and sent home on oxygen which she can't seem to get off while the son flew right on by with it never really affecting him much.  You and your family and son are on my prayer list.  God continue to bless and protect you.  Linda

Hope your friends daughter is doing better. Pray she won't have a lot of lasting results.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.