Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Ostomy Memories of the Dentist

Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:04 am
This is a great community. Consider joining.

IT IS A WASTE OF TIME to try to affect insouciance when entering a dentist’s establishment. I was just going in for a cleaning, which I had put off due to the pandemic. I knew, then, that there would be x-rays ($$$), and that the dentist would then have to make a professional appearance to review the x-rays and look me over ($$$). A crown had fallen out, one that had replaced a previous crown that also had fallen out. I had already made up my mind that I was not going to submit to yet a third attempt at replacement ($$$), not to mention the discomfort associated with the procedure. He could inject me with as much novocaine as he wanted as he poked, prodded, and drilled; my bank account bleeds with or without the contrivance of numbing. An hour after I entered the den of the dentist, his hygienist had cleaned my teeth of tartar, while he had cleaned my credit card of $204. I’m guessing the $4 was a surcharge to cover the fact that I didn’t need any other work ($$$$).

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:48 am

Henry ... Since it's Halloween weekend I guess I'll share this . I went into 6-7 haunted events with my grandkids a couple of weeks ago at Kings Dominion,VA. The youngest (9) was petrified to enter . Of course I told her not to let go of my hand as the people scared us . We all had to wear covid masks of course . I decided to remove my teeth ( yes they are fake) and pull my mask down and scare the workers instead . My pins and gums showing I shreaked  at them and scared them ! What fun . The manager of the place offered me a job there for next year ! 
Anyway , that's food for thought for a dentist . After putting tens of thousands into saving mine , my purse is smiling again and now costs nothing and no pain ! 
Happy Halloween,Ritz

Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:33 pm

I know no one likes neddles but they really scare me bad. My last trip to the dentist many years ago was bad I needed to have several teeth pulled. He strarted to put the shots in both the upper and the lower gums. As he started to do the lower gums I started to slide down in the chair. He told me I needed to be still. When he started to put the shots in the upper gums I started raising up in the chair. He again told me to be still. By then I was kinda panicky he said I may have to send you to the hospital to be put to sleep. I said I will be still and he finished. I just hate needles and when I got my flu shot the other week I found they seemed to have a smaller needle. I was gripping the chair arm with my other arm and it wasn't to bad. LOL

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.