Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Upcoming surgery

Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:28 pm
This is a great community. Consider joining.

Hi friends,

I'm going into Boston tomorrow for a right lower lobectomy on my lung in hopes of removing cancer that has metastasized in hopes of getting off the chemo I have been on for so long.

If any of you pray, I will hope you say one for me! Although I am terrified ( as I've been through the trauma of several surgeries), I am positive and hopeful for success and a quick recovery.

It is always so nice to hear from you all. Don't have too much fun while I'm gone and I will check in as soon as I'm able.

Oh one more thing.... I have wagers on the Premier league- Manchester City ( my team) vs Manchester United for the derby on Saturday. Please say a prayer for MC to win!! Bottles of patron are on the line and I'd rather be drinking margaritas than serving them! Lol!!!! 
God bless you all! Life is good!

😇

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:51 pm

Good luck, prayers for a successful op and a quick recovery 👍

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:40 pm

Best of luck to you!  I had my ostomy operations in a Boston hospital so I know you are in good hands.  I will say an extra prayer for you and your quick recovery.  God Bless you. 

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:51 pm

Hairdresser wrote:

Best of luck to you!  I had my ostomy operations in a Boston hospital so I know you are in good hands.  I will say an extra prayer for you and your quick recovery.  God Bless you. 

Hairdresser,

Thank you so very much for your prayers and support! I have the absolute best team of surgeons so I do know I am in good hands! 
You are so sweet to think of me!

Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:04 pm

I'll be thinking and praying for you . Hope you have the most successful and speedy recovery 

ritz

Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:41 pm

Ritz wrote:

I'll be thinking and praying for you . Hope you have the most successful and speedy recovery 

ritz

Thanks Ritz! You're the best!!!

😇❤️

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:22 pm

Hi EA!  Best of luck to you and have a speedy recovery.  Post-op when you're bored with Daytime TV......pop on here and let us know how you're doing.  You know you're in our thoughts and we're all pullin' for ya!!

;0)

bob

Axl
Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:11 pm

Take care, will see you on the other side and don't take any crap, day time TV aghhhhhhh .....

Axl

Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:49 am

Earth angel,

If you seek God's healing, say a prayer of faith and KNOW that the Lord will raise you. 

Jeremiah 17:14 KJV

Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved; for thou art my praise.

Be not afraid!

Isaiah 41:10 KJV

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee;  yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

And remember that by His sacrifice we are healed.

Isiah 53:10 KJV

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him;  and with His stripes we are healed.

I hope these scriptures give you peace, and know that I'm praying with you for a successful outcome.

E& I

Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:46 am

E&I,

Those are beautiful scriptures and I will be reading and re reading them over again for comfort. Thank you so much for taking the time to send! 
😇

Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:49 am

You may have two good news coming up: A successful surgery and Manchester City beating Manchester United on the weekend. City is fancied to win by the bookies.Best wishes.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:51 am

w30bob wrote:

Hi EA!  Best of luck to you and have a speedy recovery.  Post-op when you're bored with Daytime TV......pop on here and let us know how you're doing.  You know you're in our thoughts and we're all pullin' for ya!!

;0)

bob

Thanks so much Bob! No daytime tv for me lol... just Premier league European football!!! I have a bet with an other ostomate for a bottle of Patron so my team needs to win! 
Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate you all!!

😇

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:52 am

Good luck with your surgery and a speedy recovery.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:20 pm

I pray your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery 3 John 1:2. “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”

Past Member
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:41 pm

Oh Heavenly Father Our Precious Lord Jesus.  Our understanding is such that we do not understand all the things we go thru but Lord we know You are always with us and can calm our fears.  Touch Earth Angel in a mighty way. Send the Holy Spirit to surround her with Your presence to comfort her. In Jesus name. Amen

Isaiah 41:13-14 “’For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.  Do not be afraid, for I myself will help you,’ declares the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.”

I love to find a scripture that I can visualize in my head and love that He will take hold of our hand and comfort us and help us.

God bless

Chaplain Linda Marie

Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:50 am

Linda Marie,

I thank you so much for your prayers!! Those are beautiful! I appreciate your support so much!

😇

Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:15 pm

Manchester City are odds-on favourites everywhere, Earth Angel, which by the way is a lovely name to go by. Christiano Ronaldo, the Portuguese man-o-war with United is the one to fear, you know what he is capable of. They paid 20million US to have him released from his previous club. I have a strategy for it: Play a draw initially and keep your fingers crossed, if it is 0-0 at half-time you get to win on all three results! Let us see how it works tomorrow. Works only when teams are fairly evenly matched.

Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:40 pm

bowsprit wrote:

Manchester City are odds-on favourites everywhere, Earth Angel, which by the way is a lovely name to go by. Christiano Ronaldo, the Portuguese man-o-war with United is the one to fear, you know what he is capable of. They paid 20million US to have him released from his previous club. I have a strategy for it: Play a draw initially and keep your fingers crossed, if it is 0-0 at half-time you get to win on all three results! Let us see how it works tomorrow. Works only when teams are fairly evenly matched.

Thank you bowsprit for your interesting strategy. No matter what MC is my team so I'm sticking with them and will keep the faith til the very end! I'm secretly hoping CR twists an ankle lol! Hopefully the boys will start playing better!

😇

Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:03 pm

Earth Angel,

I hope your surgery went well.  I have Mets to my lungs too, eh maybe one day they'll be under control or better yet will magically disappear!  Wouldn't that be grand!

In the meantime drink those margaritas!!  Sending you prayers and magic pixie dust for a successful recovery.

Charleston_sunny

Past Member
Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:31 pm

Earth Angel wrote:

Linda Marie,

I thank you so much for your prayers!! Those are beautiful! I appreciate your support so much!

😇

I took down my window to the Heart it was a bit much for this situation.  Sorry I just get over excited sometimes.

Linda

Last edited by Past Member on Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:45 pm

charleston_sunny wrote:

Earth Angel,

I hope your surgery went well.  I have Mets to my lungs too, eh maybe one day they'll be under control or better yet will magically disappear!  Wouldn't that be grand!

In the meantime drink those margaritas!!  Sending you prayers and magic pixie dust for a successful recovery.

Charleston_sunny

Charleston sunny,

Thank you so very much for your kind words! I am sorry your in the Mets club too. I hope your spots disappear!!! I am recovering now, surgery went well. I'll be happy when they remove the chest tube! 
If I were Tinkerbell I'd sprinkle some pixie dust on us both! Take care!

😇

Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Congratulations, City did it. Fortunately, my strategy didn't get a chance today, had to go to a wedding reception and missed the match, it was at an old British-era stately club, no mobiles allowed. Will inform next time it goes into action. Best wishes.

Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:46 pm

Hi bowsprit,

yay! I knew they could pull it off! They did awesome! MU played horribly! They were so stagnant. I'm sorry you missed the match! Hope your wedding was fun anyway!

Thanks for the well wishes! I appreciate it so very much!

😇

Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:01 pm

w30bob wrote:

;0)

bob

Thx Bob! You're so kind! It's always so nice to chat with you all. Your support is so appreciated!!!

😇

Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:38 pm

Hi Earth Angel. I am wishing you have a speedy recovery. I am praying for you. 

Azdancer
Nurse
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:08 pm

PRAYING.....

Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:53 pm

Hello Earth Angel

I pray your surgery went well.

Redondo

Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Redondo wrote:

Hello Earth Angel

I pray your surgery went well.

Redondo

Thx Redondo,

Had to come back to hospital- had another air leak so needed another chest tube put in. Hoping to get out of here in the next few days! Thank you for your well wishes!

😇

Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:00 am

My prayers are with you i will pray for you i hope everything goes okay for you

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.