Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Ostomy Memories of Neighborhood Bars

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:32 am
This is a great community. Consider joining.

YOU REMEMBER THE TV COMEDY SHOW ‘CHEERS’ RIGHT? Where everyone knows your name. It strikes me that neighborhood bars such as that can be a nice place to stop in for a brew and a chat with whoever is on the next stool. I’m no drinker, but it still seems inviting. There was a time, back in the mid-Sixties, when I was a regular at the Pastime Tavern, spending hours discussing such meaty subjects as the U. S. military build-up in Vietnam, who killed JFK, and the merits of the free verse of Lawrence Ferlinghetti. Of course, a draft beer cost two bits then, and a dozen raw oysters on the half shell only one dollar. Anyway, I’m reminded of the story of the man who sat down at a bar, glanced in his shirt pocket, and ordered a double scotch. After he’d finished that drink, he peeked again into his pocket, then ordered another double scotch. This routine continued for some time until, finally, after once more looking into his pocket, the guy told the bartender that he’d had enough. “I’ve got to ask you,” says the barkeep, “what’s with the pocket business?” The guy manages a slight grin. “I keep my congressman’s photo in my pocket,” he explains. “When he starts to look honest, I know I’ve had enough.”

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:46 am

Hello HenryM.

Whilst I appreciate the humour in this post, I'm thinking that so many politicians 'look' honest, which may well be why they get elected. Once they achieve that initial aim, it seems that many of them illustrate that their appearances can deceive just as much as their politics. 

Best wishes

Bill  

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:47 am

Good one Henry XX

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.