Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Rock n Roll Royalty

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:06 am
This is a great community. Consider joining.

Sooo…(as the teenagers as)...today marks the 50th anniversary of the release of one of the greatest rock n roll epics of all time, “Stairway to Heaven”.

Never released as a single it was on the English super group Led Zeppelin’s fourth studio album, simply titled Led Zeppelin IV.

If radio stations still exist in 50 years time (doubtful) one would hope they are still playing this iconic eight minute musical masterpiece.

….."to be a rock and not to roll”…...

Keep well.

V. J.😷

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:02 am

I'm sure it will still be played along with many other great songs of yesteryears. I mean we can still listen to the 50'@60's on anything that plays music. So hopefully all is not lost. XX

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:18 pm

AS one song says "I like that old time rock and roll that kind of music just soothes my soul"

Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:08 pm

lovely wrote:

AS one song says "I like that old time rock and roll that kind of music just soothes my soul"

I bought that Led Zeppelin album w/ babysitting money, and Stairway to Heaven remains an all time favorite!! 

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:06 pm

I never got to see Led Zeppelin. I only had one chance to see them back in the day but being in school and already committed to an Alice Cooper concert, it was a little bit much for a $7.50 ticket. I have every one of their albums and if you followed them, they have been through large struggles and tragedy. I do love Led Zep 4 and Stairway to Heaven is a real Classic but it think my favorite is their second album. Their music and many other bands of that era will always survive. My grand children and their friends all listen to Led Zeppelin and even the Beatles. Mike

Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:51 pm

I need to confess I was totally lost back then.  I considered myself a musician, a decent pianist and, at 15, played in a 17-piece orchestra doing Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw and the like.  That's before the R&R folks like the Coasters, The Platters, Drifters, Dion, Five Satins, etc.  I guess I just wasn't willing to let go of the stuff I loved so much and didn't give the new folks the credit they deserved.  I even discouraged my kids from getting too involved in the new stuff.  I referred to Led Zeppelin as "Tin Blimp".  I apologize. As I "grew up" and really listened I recognized some great talents and remain thankful for all the good music wherever or whomever it comes from.

Mike

Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:00 pm

Hi Mike

Love love love Glenn Miller. Xx

Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:39 pm

Caz67 I agree with you. No one ever found him? Hmmmm

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.