Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Ostomy Memories of Not Knowing

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:50 am
This is a great community. Consider joining.

THE POET THOMAS GRAY WROTE a poem in 1742 in which he said: “Where ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.” The debate about this simple “truth” has continued ever since. I count myself among those who disagree. I was thinking about this the other day when I saw that Marjorie Taylor Greene, the loud mouth congresswoman from Georgia, was complaining about masks and vaccines and all the precautions being forced upon the public to protect them from Covid-19, but just as many or more people die every year, she said, from cancer and no one is trying to legislate mandates to protect them from that. Somehow, she has inexplicably reached adulthood and congress without being capable of distinguishing contagious diseases from non-contagious ones. This is a stupid person. That is different from being merely ignorant. To be ignorant is not to know something but, arguably, capable of learning it with reasonable application and desire. Stupid is different. Stupidity is the inability or refusal to profit from experience. Stupidity is purposely ignoring scientific fact. So you would not expect a maxim such as: where stupidity is bliss, 'tis folly to be smart. Congresswoman Marjorie Three Names wants free speech, but it appears that free intelligent thought is beyond her.

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:19 am

Hi Henry what boggles my mind is the people of georgia voted for her, did they not look at her back ground and say she,s not qualified, same with that boebert from colorado. when they talk they sound like the didnt pass eigth grade.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.