Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
28,358 members
Next >

Ostomy Memories of Back Seat Driving

This is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding.

OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS, my wife has become a persistent back seat driver. Of course, she’s actually sitting in the right FRONT seat, so it’s not technically back seat driving. Perhaps because it places her literally closer to the steering wheel, she feels obliged to constantly keep me alert with prompts. “This lane is going to end in the next block” or “don’t drive so fast in our own neighborhood” are not uncommon. “You know we’re going to want to go left at Bannerman Rd., right?” “Correct,” I respond, channeling my inner John Cleese. This morning I got a bit of a win when, as we were getting in the car to leave the house, she pointed out that we need gas. “You can stop at the Shell station when we get to Capital Circle,” she said. “No, I think I’ll pass that and go to the Marathon station a little further down. It’s cheaper.” That’s when I got the look I see when she gets irritated about my “always having a different opinion about things.” Well, I admit to that. We went on to the Marathon station, which turned out to be 10 cents per gallon cheaper than the Shell just a few blocks away. Of course, it still cost me $ 48 to fill up my tank, an inflationary reality about which I am still doing a slow burn. Every time that I put gas in my car, I have this cynical impression that I’m feeding one of the wives in some sheik’s harem for the day.

Lol you probably spent the money you saved by going further than the original petrol station Lolxx

MeetAnOstoMate - 28,358 members

Caz67 wrote:

Lol you probably spent the money you saved by going further than the original petrol station Lolxx

Actually, it was on the way to our destination, so ha ha.  :)

Caz67 wrote:

To a guy that is irrelevant as long as the gas we wanted was cheaper. 😁 Guys are right so very little, even saving 1cent/gallon is worth it to be right at least once in awhile. 

HenryM wrote:

Actually, it was on the way to our destination, so ha ha.  :)

Okay I will let you have that one for now Henry 😜 XX

AlexT wrote:

To a guy that is irrelevant as long as the gas we wanted was cheaper. 😁 Guys are right so very little, even saving 1cent/gallon is worth it to be right at least once in awhile. 

Yes make the most of it 😜 XX

AlexT wrote:

LOL

Caz67 wrote:

Okay I will let you have that one for now Henry 😜 XX

LOL

TreeOfHope wrote:

LOL 😂

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.