Baking Cookies with The Temptations: A Deliciously Musical Experience!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
TerryLT

I was baking a batch of cookies yesterday, a chore I usually find onerous. I like cooking as there is an element of creativity to it, but baking is basically just following instructions, boring....anyway, I digress. As I often do when baking, to make the time more enjoyable, I put some music on, nice and loud. I chose a selection I had not listened to for a few years, The Best of The Temptations. I wish I had the technical computer skills to post a link, like many of you do, but I don't. So I will just recommend to anyone reading this, if you want to make yourself feel good, and listen to an incredible combination of expert songwriting, beautiful voices, incredible harmonies, and irresistible rhythms, check them out. After listening to what passes for modern pop and soul music these days, it's easy to forget how great and talented these artists of the past were. Actually, I think some of these old acts are still touring, many with some of the original members, along with some new ones.

With my next batch, maybe I'll listen to Smokey or Sam and Dave.

Terry

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

I love their music! This is what I found on YouTube when I searched "The Best of the Temptations".

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
AlexT

But what kind of cookies?

Angelicamarie

Terry, I agree they could really blow!

Past Member

I have a collection of Atlantic Rhythm & Blues albums from the 60's and 70's which is the best background music for housework, relaxing, or just about anything really. It always makes me want to "dance like nobody's watching"!

Agree that today's music (or anything after the turn of the century for that matter) just doesn't measure up to those blasts from the past!

Quote from the movie "The Big Chill":

Michael: Harold, don't you have any other music, you know, from this century?

Harold: There is no other music, not in my house.

Michael: There's been a lot of terrific music in the last ten years.

Harold: Like what?

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
HenryM

I like to listen to the great girl groups from the Sixties:  the Supremes, Martha & the Vandellas, the Chiffons, the Shirelles, etc.

Justbreathe

Hey all, thanks for all the music tips/reminders of tunes and groups I have long forgotten. I hope Alexa can play them for me as I do dance like nobody's watching (and hopefully they aren't) every day for at least 1 hour in the pool....it's great exercise for an old lady and there's no sweating! If there are any rappers on this site writing music you might want to consider these lyrics..."no sweat too cool just do your dancin' in a pool...blah, blah, blah ...mayhaps Bill can help you out with a few words as well.....keep smilin'

Justbreathe

Past Member

Bill Medley of The Righteous Brothers has a timeless, incredible voice.

TerryLT
Reply to Anonymous

Thank you Sally! I thought someone might come up with a link!

TerryLT
Reply to AlexT

Oatmeal with chocolate chips and chopped cranberries!

TerryLT
Reply to Anonymous

Thanks for posting those links! Oh yes, I'm always dancing along with that stuff. It's hard not to! My husband has made some great compilation CDs of Motown and other soul and R&B artists of the 60's and 70's. Just the best!

Terry

AlexT
Reply to TerryLT

Need my address?

TerryLT
Reply to HenryM

I haven't forgotten the ladies and figured someone would point that out to me!

Caz67

Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could have a weekend of the above-mentioned live nonstop xx

Past Member
Reply to Caz67

That would certainly be an unforgettable weekend!

TerryLT
Reply to Caz67

Wish we could make that happen!

TerryLT
Reply to AlexT

Hands off my cookies!