In this discussion
Replies
Views
SallyK

LOL true Some days adulting is hard.

width=

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

I don't get it.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
SallyK
Reply to AlexT

LOL It's from a child's storybook - Busy Town - where everyone is nice and kind and always have what they need. (Let me know if you need further explanation. )

AlexT
Reply to SallyK

Like I knew that book. &zwj

SallyK

Sorry... my daughter got the joke. &zwj

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Mayoman

That's " Happyland" Alex . The rivers are made of chocolateand the ATMsdon't need a card or a Pin number ...they just pour out 100Bills . Most importantly there are KittyCats everywhere ...maybe a few Golden Retrievers too for variety, not forgetting the Bunnies of course.

Magoo

SallyK
Reply to Mayoman

There is even Fred the Squid who runs a fish and chips business.

HenryM

You see, Alex, that's what you get for just playing with trains when you were a kid.  Choo, choo, choo... 

Mayoman

Fred would make a great Waiter with all those arms ...and evenSuction cups for safety!!

Casper9

I loved these books as a kid! I might even still have one! My kids loved them too!

I think the author is Richard Scarry

Wiz
Reply to SallyK

Richard Scarry? I remember his illustrations from when I was a little kid.

AlexT
Reply to HenryM

LOL. I actually never did, it was the Tyco electric race car tracks for me. Oh, and I played with guns.

Mayoman

I hope you never " took an eye out "as all parents worried !!

We used to have Rock Fights at an old quarry . Build a rock fort and then throw stones at each other's Forts . One of our friends actually had an eye taken out by a sharp stone . I still see him today . Luckily we could throw only one stone at a time !!Or we could all have been blind !!The really talented Throwers could get one in each hand ! ! He was the only injuryduring my period as a rock throwing juvenile rock thrower ( it was all good clean ??? Fun !!

Magoo

Abefroman1969
Reply to AlexT

I loved the tyco racetracks, into my early 20's we had a house full of guys I went to high school with and we had a track set up, would modify the cars so it had a front and rear slot pin, so much fun!
also had an HO gauge train set when I was too young and no room to appreciate it, but I did like it when I was able to but the board down in the living room to set it up and play with it!

Past Member
Reply to AlexT

Awww, I can just see young Alex as Ralphie with his Red Ryder!

AlexT
Reply to Anonymous

I don't condone playing with BB guns. The summer between 3rd and 4th grade I spent that summer wearing an eye patch and not being able to do anything cause I was actually shot in the corner of my left eye. The BB missed my eyeball and went right between my eyeball and nose, lodging itself into my nasal bone in my skull. They tried to pull it out but couldn't. I went to an eye doctor constantly that summer and finally about a week before 4th grade started it had healed and scarred over enough I could ride my bike. The BB is still in me to this day. But, I don't blame the gun.

Past Member
Reply to AlexT

So sorry Alex that this happened to you, big hugs to 4th grade Alex

SallyK
Reply to Wiz

His books were great!

SallyK
Reply to Casper9

They were great!