Join the Largest Ostomy Community
Next >

Recto Vaginal Fistula

Hello Everyone... 

Anyone with recto vaginal fistula? 

I have a diagnosed fistula which was untreated for some years due to some reasons, unfortunately it got bigger. I had an MRI scan which says that it ends at the perineum , and it doesn't show any connection with the vagina. But the last 2 months I have some gas every other day once or twice. The doctor said that The MRI doesn't show any connection,but I am very worried and scared. The day after tomorrow I have my first surgery, he said he is going to see if there is a connection. If it is a recto vaginal fistula is it treatable? I am mortified. 

Thank you. 

MeetAnOstoMate - 30,199 members
Join a supportive community of individuals who understand your journey and can provide valuable insights, guidance, and companionship throughout your ostomy experience.

Hoping all goes well for you- sending positive thoughts your way !  

Reply to Justbreathe

Thank you 🙏

I'm sorry I can't help but wanted to wish you all the best. 🙏💗

Reply to SallyK

Thank you, you're very kind. 

I can't help directly either other than to suggest you try searching the topic-I know I've seen other posts about these kinds of fistulas.  good luck to you! 

Reply to Anonymous

Thank you 🙏

While I've had a number of fistulas, none of them really apply to your situation. So I have absolutely no advice or wise words for you.  All I can offer is a ton of good wishes. Best of luck to you.

Reply to StPetie

Thank you 🙏

I have a hole in my vaginal wall, vaginal fistula. I have been told due to cancer and radiation the hole cannot be fixed. This means I will always have a ostomy bag. I have not been able to accept that yet. It sounds like you have a chance with the surgery. Do not be mortified. Think positively. Good luck and keep us posted. I will think about you.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.