Unexpected Selfie Reflection: The Shocking Reality

Replies
Views
CircleC

When you are picking up your phone to take a picture and the lens has accidentally turned towards you and you unexpectedly see yourself........what is your immediate thought?

(I immediately recoil and think "Oh my God" and then look closer...thinking "Is that what I really look like"?) ;Shocks me every time...

Past Member

Ditto! Not happy when the phone flips around to selfie mode either, Jabba the Hut and more chins than the Chinese phone book spring to mind!

But then again I've always been taken aback when I see photos of myself, probably because what we see in the mirror is not what others see (well, apart from the hairdresser!)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
WildEmber

I just think oh God 'cause it's a pain to have to flick it over.

Past Member

Reminds me of some of those memes "what you think you look like vs. reality"!

Not forgetting Celeste Barber's recreations of so-called celebrities "natural look" pics, LOL!

AlexT

I don't think anything, I just admire.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
ron in mich

Hi all, I just think, "Holy moly, how did I get this old?"

w30bob

I say "WOW....look at that cool hat!!I gotta get me one of tho....." and then I realize it's me.

Fools me every time.

Don't fret folks.............everyone pictures themselves younger than they look........it's just one of the joys of growing old. It's why I hate going to class reunions. All those fun youthful kids are now old fat ugly people. We turned into "those old people" without even realizing it. I much prefer remembering everybody the old way.

Try recording your voice and see if you sound the way you think you sound. Another fun one. In some ways..........it's a good thing life is temporary. I just hope what's next is even better. Maybe we're 'born' as old people and get progressively younger!That way, as time went on things would just get better and better, rather than worse and worse. Try playing that one back in your mind!!

;O)

w30bob
Reply to AlexT

Alex, you need to take that 'Thor' screen protector off your phone.

;O)

AlexT
Reply to w30bob

Actually it's Thundarr the Barbarian.

bowsprit

Age creeps up on you if you let it. A reaction to your portrait could be: 'Wow, who is that attractive person.' It has been established that men and women can stay interested in each other until the age of 90! All of us know people who are very good looking and active in their 70s. I have a much-loved uncle who is 81 and goes all over the world with his girlfriend. I always liked older women anyway. Cheers and best wishes.

w30bob

Oh, it doesn't 'creep up' on you... it rolls over your ass as soon as you turn your head! There's a reason our eyesight goes bad as we get older... we're just lucky "good looking" is a very relative term. Of course life can be enjoyed right up to the moment it ends, but that's because you're comparing it to the alternative. No sense worrying about it though... it's simply how the game is played. So just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride... as best you can!!

;O)

bowsprit
Reply to w30bob

There are certain precautions you can take to prevent that nasty approaching you from the rear. Good looking is not a confusing term, either you are or you are not.

Redondo

When this happens to me, I immediately think how thankful I am to have it and am able to live my life.

Renfromtexas

Yep!! Me too except since my ileostomy surgery a year ago September 4th I've lost 40 lbs.. So that goes in my favor.

Renfromtexas
Reply to AlexT

Better than Skeletor

Marco789
Reply to WildEmber

I'm not 100% sure, but that registered as sarcasm. :)