Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
28,292 members
Next >

The Kidney Bean Carcass

This is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding.

Ok, so here's the deal-i-o. I made chili the other day--something that I truly love in the fall. I obviously forgot what kidney beans can do to you if you have an ostomy. After I indulged in a lovely bowl of fabulous chili--it was fabulous because I made it so fu*k off-lol

Later in the evening when I went to empty my bag, what do my wonderous eyes do appear, but lots and lots of little kidney bean carcasses! Oh holy sh*t! How I could I have forgotten about that? I get that I could make chili without beans, but it just would seem like there was something missing--so here's to a happy fall to everyone and may your kidney bean carcasses be few--lol

Wow, that is pretty cool actually.  I see you have an ileo, so obviously those beans were not chewed up very well, or the carcasses would not have been intact.  You didn't get a blockage, so things are clearly passing through you just fine.  I'm always really careful about chewing really well, especially when eating something like beans.  Sometimes I wonder if it's necessary to be so diligent, but I'd still rather not take the risk.  Good for you!

Terry

MeetAnOstoMate - 28,292 members

Black beans from Chipotle do the same for me. 

I make an awesome chili but I put my beans first in a food processor. The mushed beans aid in thickening and still give the needed flavor. My tomatoes go in peeled. Hmmmm, I’ll have to make a batch but it’s still hitting the high ninety’s here. 

Hi SC i had chili leftovers for lunch yesterday and like others said you have chew  the beans to mush.

Yeah, for me "beans" equal the "blender" first.  Fiber isn't our friend here, at least the large kind.  I often see the flattened capsules from some of my supplements come out whole as well.  Always a good reminder of what can and can not get digested.  I remember the good old days when I could eat ANYTHING and it would get broken down and digested.  As Archie said........Those were the days!

;O)

kidney bean carcasses.. 😂 

I should have mushed my green peas . Now my Leo is like a popcorn machine !

Ritz wrote:

I should have mushed my green peas . Now my Leo is like a popcorn machine !

😂 oh the visual that gives a person. 

When it comes to beans, etc. the rule is always to chew, chew, chew.  But that should be with everything you eat.  I eat everything but make a conscious effort to chew it all very well.

The same thing happens to me with corn. I thought I chewed it enough but sure don’t. The they come out whole. 

I have made chili with zucchini cut into about the same size as a kidney bean. It is better than you think! I cannot do kidney beans. Try it, maybe it’ll work for you.  

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.