PASSWORD COMPROMISED?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Bill

Has anyone else had a message from Microsoft to say that their password for this site has been compromised and that they should change it immediately?

There is a much longer explanation accompanying the message and within that is the worrying statement that it might be the sight visited that has been hacked.

For me, this is the only site where this message has been generated.

Best wishes

Bill 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Marco789

Not yet, but I also use DuckDuckGo.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
AlexT

Nope.

NancyCat

Nope

ron in mich

Hi Bill, occasionally I get a warning from my antivirus site that something on here is not secure and I need to do a scan.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Justbreathe

No - but I only use an iPad these days and never receive anything from Microsoft. Not sure what "might be the site visited that has been hacked" could this also mean if we tap on a link that an ostomate has included in a message?

Bill
Reply to Justbreathe

Hello Justbreathe. 

I do not know the answer to your question but It's a good point you make about tapping on links because that was another thing that the extended message warned against.

One of the things that I found reassuring was that they said that they would keep me informed if it happens again with this site or any other.

Best wishes

Bill

Justbreathe
Reply to Bill

Thanks for sharing - I am always concerned about "hackers". It seems they could find something better to do with their time - like maybe get a real job and earn some of their own money.

Morning glory

No, I haven't had a problem so far

w30bob

Hi Bill,

Microsoft's latest security breach occurred on Saturday, September 24, 2022, affecting 65,000 people in 11 countries. Not saying you were one of them or not... that's just the latest one they reported. Check the web address or email address of the message you got and see if it came from microsoft.com... that should tell you a lot. You were probably being phished, but it never hurts to be sure. If you have any doubts, send the message to Microsoft at www.microsoft.com/reportascam

;O)

Bob