Stoma

Replies
Views
Kayckay

My stoma is swollen very big I'm freaking out

Ben38

Any pain/stomach uncomfortable? if so seek medical help.......stoma can get swollen either cut the hole in base bigger to fit stoma or you can sprinkle sugar on it I know it's sounds crazy but it takes the swelling down and sugar wont harm stoma

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

TerryLT

Are you having any output?How long has it been that way?It could be a blockage. Does it look like it's just your normal stoma, only swollen, or does it look like part of your insides have come out further than normal?That would be a prolapse, in which case the sugar would work. If it's a blockage, that won't do anything. Try drinking a bottle of coke if you can, or some other really sweet liquid, real sugar, not sugar-free. Then lie down and try to relax, use your fingers to put pressure all around your stoma. If this doesn't work after a few minutes, try walking around. If still no luck, you probably need to get to the ER. Please let us know how things go, and good luck.

Terry

Kayckay
Reply to Ben38

I read to just lie down on your back and I did and it went back to normal thank you

Kayckay
Reply to TerryLT

Thank you..... when I laid down t went down yes my out put was normal. I appreciate your response and advice

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister