Ostomy Memories Goes Crazy

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

INSECTS DRIVE ME CRAZY.  Barking dogs drive me crazy.  Bigots drive me crazy.  The smell of cigarette smoke drives me crazy.  Politicians drive me crazy.  “Some people,” said Charles Bukowski, “never go crazy.  What truly horrible lives they must lead.”  We all have our pet peeves, those things that we are compelled to encounter in life that cause our mental equilibrium to boil over.  We have to deal with these inconveniences with as little disruption as possible.  But everyone has their own trigger pressure setting.  If a driver pulls out in front of me without simultaneously speeding up, I may honk my horn at him.  Whenever I honk my horn, however, that seems to irritate my wife.  My stupid driver trigger pressure setting is lower than hers, I suppose.  Some things in life just can’t be avoided forever.  It’s not just death and taxes, you see.  Worrying about those things can drive you crazy, of course, and perhaps focusing just on those two bugaboos will keep your poor mind off all the other irritants.  Hypocrisy drives me crazy.  All those candy bars displayed at the checkout counter drive me crazy.  People who talk too much drive me crazy.  Religious zealots drive me crazy.  Inflation drives me crazy.  One of these days, I guess, I’ll arrive at my destination and then I actually will be crazy.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SallyK

What drives me crazy are people who complain about stuff all the time... especially in a whiny voice.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Justbreathe

Whenever I would say "that drives me crazy," my brother would say "well, it'll be a short trip!" jb

Abefroman1969

Love Charles Bukowski, I have all of his published books, well sans 2, I loaned them to an actor and she "misplaced" them. Actors indeed drive me crazy.

AlexT
Reply to SallyK

Yep.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
TerryLT

The list of things that drive me crazy is long. The latest one is the way my husband insists on loading the dishwasher. I will place items in it, and the next time I open it, they have been moved! I have a very efficient way of loading things, to allow more items at one time, and to maximize their chances of getting clean. Surely he can see that my way is the right way??!! Apparently not. I can see something coming to a head in the near future.....

Terry

HenryM
Reply to TerryLT

This sounds SOOOO familiar.  My wife and I rarely agree on how to do anything.  She thinks that I have too many "opinions."  True love is a wonderful thing...  

AlexT
Reply to TerryLT

I could tell stories about how OCD my ex is with stuff and how I'd mess with her. If I was your husband, just for fun, I'd leave all the dishes on the counter or rearrange the dishes after you arranged them.

TerryLT
Reply to AlexT

Ha! When it comes to OCD, my husband could go toe to toe with your ex any day. He does have redeeming qualities though!

Terry

TerryLT
Reply to HenryM

Well, at least you agree on the important stuff, right? Like who to vote for come election day. My in-laws (my husband is a dual citizen and grew up in the States) were really amazing. One was a staunch Democrat, the other a staunch Republican. I've never known a couple more loving and devoted to each other, but there it was. Of course, that was back in the day when a Democrat and a Republican could be in the same room together without fists flying.

Terry

Perilune
Reply to TerryLT

I've never had a kitchen with a built-in dishwasher in my life. But I used to tell people that I had a really reliable dishwasher. His name was Jim. He could never "see" anything that needed doing around the house, so we settled on the dishes being his responsibility. No more spats. Sometimes I would get home from work to find the suds spiraling down the plug hole, but hey, no complaints from me. He passed away 7 years ago, and I really miss my dishwasher.