Overcoming Challenges with a Stoma Pouch: Share Your Story

Replies
Views
badancer
In the late 80's, early 90's I began feeling poorly. My MD said I was getting older and was just tired. The ex was getting tired of my pain complaints and lack of energy and said goodby.

After several more visits to the MD he did a procedure that revealed the problem. I had a colonoscopy done but to be sure I took a look myself.

He also recommended a new experimental procedure but after some research I declined.

After several years of the 50 yard dash to the bathroom and several resections I relented and agreed to the dreaded stoma pouch. My social life went to sub zero in no time. My cat pled for me to get out of the house and my dog helped with the housework.

I tried to have a BBQ with other ostomates but no one came. I was feeling ugly and unloved

Now divorced and with the dreaded pouch, one of my dwindling friends suggested that I check out some new women.

This did not go well so he set me up with a woman he said I would be sure to like.

Not to be discriminatory, but I told him that abundance was not my style. He tried again.

I thanked him for his effort but firmly stated that I would find someone on my own. He knew I wouldn't, but if I did it would probably be a country girl.

I was very despondent but a newspsper article got my head straight.

My last friend suggested a new elixir that was a sure fire solution to making new friends but once they found out about the pouch it was, "Sorry Charlie!"

I accept the situation and am comfortible with being alone. Now I just go the the beach with some cheap sunscreen and get a tan.

That was my story, what's yours?
SheliaBaby

Omigosh.....too early to laugh so hard!!! That was funny! Pictures were priceless.....Shelia

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,372 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Just hilarious!!!

I reckon I know that bloke on the bike with the sheep!!!

IamSam

I agree.....Hilarious!!!!
That was very entertaining and creative! Thanks for the laugh!

KennyT

Priceless!!! And I definitely know the guy with the sheep.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
exhausted

That was great. Thanks for the laugh.

gutenberg
Baaaaad, baaaad, next time I ride in the back, baaad
miyzy

That's a great story. Are you sure you haven't read my diaries? I've learned to accept the rest of my life alone. My mother passed away last week, so I only have my son left and he's almost 20. Soon, he'll be gone. He's choosing the life of parties, drugs, and his loser friends - something I refuse to tolerate. Since he doesn't want to respect my rules while he's under my roof, then he was told to leave. Since his father refuses my phone calls to help me with this situation, I have to do this tough love myself. Alaska is looking pretty good right now. LOL

lottagelady

Hi - and how brilliant! Lovely to get a good laugh in the morning to brighten my day - however, I hope that you really do feel comfortable alone, because if not, the lovely giggle you have given us is really very sad.
Rach xxx