Chit Chat

In this discussion
Replies
Views
angie.h

How come no one is ever on this site? It would be great to chat with others, not just for meeting someone, but for general chit chat. We all have something in common and it would be nice to talk to someone who understands.

Angie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Everybody is very busy these days, Angie. There are a few who will talk but not many... never have figured out why.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
tarababy
Hi Angie.h, yeah unfortunately Mr. Mild has it right again, lots busy, or wrong time zones, or people just don't want to share. I have come on and wondered why many times, then seen the time it is there and the time it is here and, yeah well, think a lot might be sleeping. I have also tried to run a support group for a bunch of people who wanted it but wouldn't go out of their way to attend or even call and say they couldn't come. Or for that matter make a call and say hi. BUT, it was EXPECTED of me... Ostomates (Most - I find) don't like to reach out, as it might be a sign of weakness maybe. Or someone might find out they have a bag on their tummies. I have met Ostomates who haven't even told certain family members or any friends.. Just close their doors and minds to the rest of us Ostomates, like it is something to be ashamed of. I'm like WTF? Who cares? You are who you are, with or without any extras. Like me, love me or hate me, everyone I know, or meet knows or will know I have this. Since I have had mine, I have been trying to get rid of the stigma that is attached to having an Ostomy. In this day and age, with all the politically-correct- cow-dung.... we should all be walking proud. I am, anyone wanna join me?... Ok got that off my chest...... lmao.... Nice to see you have your two-cents worth too..... Good luck with the chat thing.... Tarababy
vulcanBMk2

I'm not proud! I'll talk to anybody - even wild colonial Aussie gits. Dam Johnny rebs - "Have Bag Will Travel" - lol!

Past Member

Now Pete, I always have had a soft spot in my heart for the rebel flag.
"God bless Dixie!!"

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
tarababy

Hey, what's this COLONIAL gits bit?....the wild part is cool, but Colonial? Sounds like Colonic, mmmmmm!!! Not all Aussies are ex-pommie-crims, thanks....lmao... Shhhhh! Well, not that we want anyone to know anyway... And can see why you like that flag, Mr. Mild. You guys are the life of the party.... Now where was that party again?

fiestyphoenix_51

To all my stomies out there, no matter where you are, let me just say this:
I love you, man!!!
Now maybe, just maybe, you're laughing. So now that I have got that out of my system.
Everyone, have a great Thanksgiving and we do have a lot to be thankful for!
A big Texas YEE HAWWW.
Carol

vulcanBMk2

I'm so pleased somebody out there loves me!!!------ Hey, I've been on this site for months.... it suddenly got better!!! Cheers!!!

Oh yeah mmsh---that Rebel flag has a certain something---can't quite put my finger on it ?????

Tara!!! My beautiful Antipodean Babe, thanks for replying to my Whinging Pom! mail---- if you want to call me Wally!! that's okay with me---Pete.

tarababy

Awe!!!!!! Well don't I feel like a right goose. Sorry lad, my bad. Easy to get you guys confused if there's no pic, you both got a sick sense of humour, so I'd take it as a weird kinda compliment, (hehehehehe). And no, not calling you weird Mr. Mild... Okay... I should shut up now before I really put my foot in my mouth... OH, too late hey... And to the darlin' feisty, gotta love that accent... and the attitude to boot... You go girl... later folks... MWAH!!!!!

vulcanBMk2

No probs!! You oughta hear some of the names I've been called in my life... My old girlfriends had a nickname for me... Pimp!!

campingguy

This seems like a nice site.
I have been looking for people to talk with and get to know.
I was diagnosed and operated on for colon cancer in Jan of 08.
After 10 months off of work, I recently returned 2 weeks ago.
Just curious how everyone else seems to get along with an ostomy... Looking forward to chatting with others on here.
Jeff

Nicole

Hey, I just joined this group today. I'm confused, is this chat or a discussion board?

tarababy

Hi Nicole, welcome..... Well, you are now in the forum and here we all have a say or share our opinions on anything and everything.... or throw a joke on so we can all have a giggle to ease the day. So, in a way, it is both a chat place and a discussion place.... Then, you can go to the chatroom and try your luck there. Always fun when you can find someone there. So, good luck and don't be shy in having your two cents' worth... chat later possibly... Tarababy

fiestyphoenix_51

Welcome campinguy and Nicole! Just join in with any jokes or something. To campinguy, it takes time to get used to an ostomy and that is different for each one of us. Patience is the key here. I have had my ostomy for nearly 19 years, I'm grateful and thankful to be here. Life is very precious and way too short. And remember: it gets better and better!
Fiesty

tarababy

You got that right, Feisty. If someone had told me I would feel this good further down the track, I might not have believed them. But now I am here, and it's only been 4 and a half years since I got this, I really do feel 100% better. Head-wise as well as body-wise. Kicked the depression in the butt, as I'm a nicer person when I'm not dwelling on my situation. And that's where this site has been a lifesaver to me. To be able to come on and chat about how I'm feeling or what I'm having trouble with has been a godsend. To know and meet and chat with other Ostomates has made me see my situation isn't as bad as I think. It's taken my mind off my little hiccups and in turn my healing went ahead and done its thing while I was concentrating on helping someone get through their day. If you know what I mean... So I still say sharing is good for everyone and more should do it.... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

vulcanBMk2

I just thought I would have a quick look at my profile!! It's all been buggered up!! I am now a 25-year-old with a different email. Details that have nothing to do with me. I live at least 150 miles away from my house... Not too sure how it happened, but I can't be bothered to fix it!! So for the time being, I have suspended my profile.......................

tarababy

OK, you got me going to check mine now. Thanks.

Nicole

Been a long time since I was in a forum.. WEBTV was great in its day. I feel the same way about my ostomy, had it since 1987 and have never looked back.