Creating a New Story: Transforming Your Life

In this discussion
Replies
Views
keysgirl
Dear friends,

I posted the below message in response to another post, but I thought I'd repost for those of us who may feel stuck physically, mentally, or emotionally.

Yes, our bodies have been ravaged by various diseases. Some of our freedoms are challenged by pain, poop, bags, and bodies not yet healed. It is hard to see beyond what we feel.

I'm sitting here praying for the words to convey to your heart and minds. Here's what I KNOW. When you are stuck in your mind, listening to your thoughts that keep saying how bad things are, you can't do this, and you can't do that, those voices, that thinking, generates negative, creative energy that just perpetuates and creates all of those things that you don't want, and it will make you feel helpless and hopeless.

Whatever you think and believe, you will create in your life. One of my favorite books, "The Way Out," by Joseph Benner, says, "Stand guard at the door of your thinking and do not let in any thoughts or feelings that you do not want to see outmanifested." This little book can be purchased for about $10 from Amazon. I guarantee this book will help you find your way out if you apply the principles as directed.

You have got to change your thinking. Your life does not belong to disease. Yes, you will still have to deal with the physical limitations we all have, but your mind will be healed and free of all the pain you are experiencing.

While you are at home, why not start creating a vision for your future. Create a vision board. You can get a poster board for less than a dollar. Go through magazines, photos, etc., inspirational messages that uplift you, get some glue or tape and make a new story for your life on that poster board. Then, every day look at that vision board and feel and imagine yourself in that life. Meditate on it...believe it...have faith.

My body is no longer what it was (I'm 5 and have been through radiation and chemo, surgery, and chemo again (rectal cancer). I have residual issues from the chemo and radiation. Yet I travel extensively for my job, and believe me, it is hard work to travel after what I have been through, but I was born to travel. I believe that. I have traveled all over the US, to Europe, the Caribbean, and Mexico (not all for work) because I BELIEVE! Recently my job sent me to the Los Angeles area. That is where I was born, so I have lots of family there. What a blessing, a free all-expenses-paid trip to see my family, some of whom I haven't seen in over 10 to 20 years. I BELIEVE I am supposed to travel. It is not a wish.

I recently completed my training and certification for my dream of becoming a Life Coach, which is work I can do from home. The cost for the training is about $3,200. I did some research on the various programs and I paid only $500, after I applied for a scholarship and wrote a letter explaining my health and financial circumstances. Maybe there is a dream you have that can be done from your home. It's time to dream again and find something you can do, that you love, that can be done within your physical limitations. Turn off the TV and put your positive mind to work figuring it out.

So, I'm writing all this to say, you can change your life...your story. So snap out of it and get to work on that vision board.

I love you all,
Sadiqah
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SheliaBaby

I really enjoyed your post and the message you shared... thank you for your kindness and reaching out. It is very easy to find yourself in just the situations you described and not always easy to find a way out. Your ideas and suggestions were very helpful. Congratulations and best wishes with your new job... it sounds like a dream!
Good luck, Sheila

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
keysgirl

Thanks Sheila! That's my purpose, to help others to see past their perceived limiting beliefs...to see who they really are.

Let me know how your vision is developing.

Sadiqah3

Primeboy

Great post, Sadiqua. Too many people are prisoners of their own narrow mindset. Some let themselves be defined by the bag or some other perceived negative element in their lives. As a consequence, they will wallow in unending self-pity and thereby drive others away.

We have all met people who soar above limitations and who turn life into an incredible journey of discovery, joy, and giving. They deal with the same issues we have or worse, but they will not surrender their dignity. Self-esteem is the price tag we put on our self-concept. What price tag do we put on who we are? Socrates said that the unexamined life is not worth living. Maybe it's time to pause and reflect.

keysgirl

Primeboy,

So beautifully said! I think it is up to those of us who can, to shine the light to the way out, for those who are looking for their path. Your light is certainly shining bright in everything I have seen you post.

Peace Love,
Sadiqah

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
J.J.

Sadiqah!...What a beautiful, uplifting post..!..Thank you for that!! I think you will make a great life coach =)

~Hugs~
J.J

keysgirl

Thank you J.J. Someone once shined their light for me.

In joy...

Sadiqah

steadychic

I love the positive thinking. And I do believe in vision boards.

WOUNDED DOE

You are amazing as always, Sadiqah!! What a beautiful post......we love you.

beatrice

Beautiful! Just what I needed to read. Thanks for posting.