Non-Gassy Foods for Satisfying Hunger

Replies
Views
vashti

What are some good foods to eat that will fill you up, but not make you gassy?
That is so embarrassing, especially in quiet places?

bes0642

Welcome to the group. This will give you some idea. Go to: http://www.ostomy.org/
Ton of information on this site.

http://www.ostomy.org/ostomy_info/pubs/food_ref_card.pdf
Hope this helps you. Best wishes, Bob.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,320 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

junopete

Depends on what type of ostomy you have and the original problem(s) that got you there..

Rick.....

mooza

True, I have an ileo. I eat anything cheesy (stoma) is quiet, even baked beans. So for me, anything is fine. I would try everything, lol, and I do. Good luck, Mare x

Legionbarb

Hi, I did some surfing and found a good site for diet foods for you, so hopefully this site will help.
Go to buzzle.com and check the site out. I found it useful as I have been eating the wrong foods that haven't helped me.
Legionbarb

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
DasaniB12

A friend told me about this and I honestly didn't think it would work, but I tried it and it does.
You take a 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger in a cup of warm water, mix it together and...drink it. Not that bad of a taste if you like ginger and it'll keep you quiet for awhile, at least 3 hours.
Great for that last minute meeting when you're all seated at the same table.

jakie

You are going to pass gas no matter what, so just ignore it. Foods like bananas, oatmeal, applesauce, tapioca pudding, angel food cake, toast, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes/squash, pasta without spicy sauce; can't think of anything else right now. I will have a banana and cookie or Pop-Tart in between meals. No beans, spicy foods, cabbage, beef, even milk sometimes.