Opinions on Long-Distance Relationships?

Replies
Views
Walkalot

Hello...

How does anyone feel about long-distance relationships?... Whether it's 100 miles apart or 1000? Do you think it can work out?

: )

nogutz

I would think if it were not to work out, stocking shouldn't be an issue. One positive, I guess!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello walkalot,There are many different manifestations of 'relationship'. Unless you desire a physical relationship I cannot see any reason why physical distance should be an issue. The question of whether it will work out can equally be asked even if you are very close in geographical terms. If you find someone with whom you can converse in a mutually acceptable way, then this is a relationship that should be cherished for what it is. Whilst it is working , it is working out. Best wishes Bill
Pittsburghgirl

Yes, I feel a long-distance relationship has a good chance of working out. If both people are drawn to each other for whatever reason, there is a chance. It is worth taking the chance.

Past Member

Hi there Walkalot, as a long-time internet user and making my first friend online in the 90s, we're still great friends and have met up on several occasions. We're still the very best of friends. This is a long-distance friendship - Ireland / Connecticut. I also use my email for keeping in touch with all the friends I made while working and traveling the globe. So, no reason for a relationship to work, especially in these days when communication has become more affordable. Best of luck, Colm

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
DH

They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Along with the anticipation of seeing each other again. I have never had a long-distance relationship, but it sounds very romantic and exciting. Good luck! Donna

Franicaa

I used to think so because it actually almost happened for me, but it depends on the other person. I was more than happy to try and make it work, but you can never rely on them feeling the same way, mostly because you don't spend all day with them. I am talking about a huge distance though (UK-USA) so maybe if you're closer, you'll be able to meet up more often and keep the relationship going. Good luck and best wishes :) x

Past Member

I suppose it could work out if both persons are really dedicated to each other. Being miles apart can make it harder to meet up. I agree with Franica, being closer makes it easier to meet up. Good luck... TC Ambies...

Walkalot

Thanks for the comments x

Past Member

I wouldn't generally recommend it. But with the right person, anything is possible... Too bad the GPS doesn't come with a crystal ball... LOLbeg

mild_mannered_super_hero

Long distance is great for pen pals, but it is a poor risk for a long-term romantic relationship. If you do fall hopelessly in love, then what? One person must relocate... What about your job, your home, your family? There are many things to consider. I wish you well, but think things through beforehand and have some kind of plan.

mooza

Yes, I agree with these answers. You never know what the other person could be up to as well... But you never know, long distance could turn around quite easily and become closer. It can and has happened on this site. Congrats to you both, DG and your new wife, debwend. xx Mooza xx. Oh, hope to maybe see you here in Melbourne someday. xx

Xerxes

Long distance relationships do present problems that are not part of geographically close ones. These have been described above. In either case, the basis for success in my opinion is honesty. Game playing, charades, etc., can occur whether you live around the corner or 2000 miles away. Hey Mooz! How are you?

Past Member

Exactly Xerxes.....you hit the nail on the head. Dishonesty runs rampant and is far-reaching, no matter its location. Distance does allow more opportunity for deception in the hands of the wrong person, but can be a hidden blessing when trying to escape. Just saying, LOL.......... BEG

tommy 6644

Distance is only that which you have placed between yourself... and your dreams.

Walkalot

Aww, how nice, Tommy.

Past Member

Great love and great achievement involve great risk.....Dalai Lama

Pittsburghgirl

I love these comments. I am currently in a long-distance relationship with someone from this site. I am in Pittsburgh, PA, and he is in Tacoma, WA. We have plans to meet after Christmas.

Xerxes

Be very careful, Pittsburgh Girl.

marjucca 100

Hi Walkalot. I met my husband in Malta where he was on holiday from the UK. We kept a long-distance relationship for some time. He came back to Malta, we got married, and we settled in England where my two kids were born. We lived about 13 years in the UK, very much in love. I am glad to say that now we settled back to my lovely sunny island of Malta and we are still happy. So, dear friend, a long-distance relationship does work.

Past Member

With confidence, unconditional love, trust, acceptance, (total commitment to one relationship), founded in truth and honor, without personal attacks, disrespect, judgments or selfish demands, in addition, the willingness to compromise and stand together against the obvious obstacles with devotion and patience... ABSOLUTELY IT CAN WORK. Congratulations my friend... You got exactly what you deserved, because you did the work, and did it well... Not everyone has the strength, but for the right ones, like you... SALUTE!! I'm trying it again as well... My heart says it's worth it and so far, it's been right!!! Wha-HooBEG

zeppo

I hope that out there somewhere is a gentleman of strong values who can honor my good friend Beg with a lifetime of happiness. She is, at the very least, worthy of this and is guided by a very special star, for she is second to none.

Past Member

Aww, I love you my sweet man. You never cease to amaze me. Thank you so much. I've met a very special man. I pray your hopes transcend distance. You're wonderful. Always, BEG

Xerxes

Brava BEG! And Bravo Zepster!

daukdeb

Wouldn't it be so easy dating someone with a colostomy!?

Past Member

Friendships are much easier than romantic relationships. There is lots to consider in a long-distance relationship.

Past Member

Hi there... Long distance relationships can work. It's currently working for me and my lady friend. I am in Ireland and she lives in Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA. The times we've had together were a lot of fun. I think it's good not to be stuck to each other 24 hours a day! Meeting after a long absence can be so much fun, especially when sex is possible, and it is for us. The fun we have when we meet makes up for the temporary loneliness.
It can work if you hang in there. Eamon.

looking forward

Sure, they can work. I would love to have one.

benisthebest

Me too, I would love to have one.

tommy 6644

Just do it!! Don't think about it!! Life is too short....think of the fun you could be missing out on...